RB Lattimore inspired by Adrian Peterson

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans Insider, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

INDIANAPOLIS Marcus Lattimore didn’t show up here at the NFL Combine looking for sympathy.

Yes, his final two college seasons were wiped out because of knee injuries. But that hasn’t stopped the South Carolina running back.

“It’s a blessing to be here,” Lattimore said on Friday . “I just think about guys who are less fortunate than me, guys who would kill to be in my shoes right now, even with the injury. That’s what keeps me going, that’s what keeps me motivated.”

Lattimore’s still not 100 percent yet, and that makes him a big question mark heading into the NFL Draft.

He’s drawn inspiration from all the well-wishers since he suffered his latest knee injury against the University of Tennessee. He’s been motivated by Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, who had an MVP-type season less than a year after suffering a torn ACL.

“There will never be another Adrian Peterson,” Lattimore said. “But that definitely gives me a lot of motivation knowing he came back from it, the way he did, he came back better. And that’s what I plan on doing — just coming back better. Seeing him do what he did this year, I think about that all of the time.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider
  2. Soxcat

Soxcat Starter

Anyone who has experienced a knee injury could get inpration from Adrian. What the guy was able to do was insane. I wonder if Britt even knows who Adrian Petterson is :cuss:
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

He could also seek inspiration from Willis McGahee. A guy who was taken in the first round with a blown out knee.
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Best wished for Lattimore. He's had a ton of bad luck, would love to see him have a McGahee type career. (As long as it's not on the Jaguars, Colts, Texans, Ravens, or Patriots)
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

There will be big time value for him after the 3rd round. I would spend a 4th round pick on him in a heartbeat if I were a GM.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  6. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Special Teams Standout

i'm hoping we can pick him up in the 4th may even consider a 3rd comp for him...
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Did we get a 3rd comp? I know ppl keep talking about it but is it official?
  8. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

I could see us taking him. Rusty Webster has gone unconventional in his drafts.
  9. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Special Teams Standout

no not yet i read on a post someone had that showed what the draft would look like as far as comp picks go. he said the guy was usually right on with assigning comp picks so i was just going off of that. i think we got a few weeks till it becomes official i believe
  10. DaFunkYMonkeY

DaFunkYMonkeY Practice Squad

comp picks don't come official until mid to late march