RB Shonn Greene visiting Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Brew City, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Green was also a primary weapon for the Jets. Teams focused on him because there was nothing else that scared them. He will have an easier time with the Titans.

2. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

why not just sign michael turner? lol

3. The Hammer

4 years is why. That is the age difference. Turner is 31. Not many RBs do too much in their 30s.

4. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

GUYs WHAT ABOUT JAMIE HARPER!?!? He's a really great power back and a young stud!!!

That's the risk you take when you go after 3rd/4th round talent. Greene is proven.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Umm

Shonn Greene was a 3rd round pick

6. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

As you can see from my avatar, I am a huge Zac Stacy fan.

He's not a burner(ran 4.5 at the combine). He's not an overly big either, 5'9" and 200 lbs. but he is durable, he can pick up tough yards, he's a leader, hard worker, his vision is amazing and something that can't be taught. Plus he's a local kid as a product of Vanderbilt.

He will be there in rounds 4-6. I'd like to see us snatch him up.

7. The Hammer

I can't help but think Zac Stacy is another Javon Ringer. You have seen him more than I have. Is he?

8. JCBRAVE

He's not Ringer, this guy is a tank with feet.

9. JCBRAVE

I'd be happy with Stacy if Bell is gone

10. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Ringer had much more production in college than Stacy. But let's face it, Stacy started as a freshmen and played on VU teams that went 2-10 2-10 6-7 and 9-4.

He is the all time Vanderbilt leading rusher but I don't really see him as another Ringer. Stacy has missed maybe 1 game due to injury in 4 years. Playing behind an undersized Vanderbilt offensive line. Ringer could never seem to hit the hole. Stacy's vision is what makes him a great RB. That coupled with his patience to let the hole develop unlike CJ, who as soon as he doesn't see a hole, tries to bounce it outside.

I think Stacy is better than Ringer, I'm sure ill get called a homer but Stacy may be the best RB in VU history. I just think whoever gets him in the later rounds will be getting a steal.

I think he would really flourish under Mike Shanahan in Washington.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar