RB Situation

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Crash Override, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slipjack

Slipjack Guest

LD is a gamer, pratice may not be his thing, but come game day... oh baby.

2. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

lets all hope lendale turns out to be what we think he can be... but he IS still unproven... so why all the talk about trading Brown? he's the only back we've got that has done ANYTHING good for us. what has travis henry done other than prove he's a good backup and get himself one strike away from a 1 year suspension?
    i didnt really want henry when we got him... i hope he proves me wrong but if we have to get rid of one of the three... why not him?
    i think Bown is more determined than anyone to be a bad ***** this year... he's bigger ... and we all know he's real fast. last year he cut down on the injuries... i like the kid... dont trade him.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I would hope we could extend Brown's contract at a reasonable price but I believe Brown is going to try to put together another 1000 yard year and bag a good payday. Still, with the CAP room we have coming up if Brown's demands are not totally ridiculous I would love to see him and White stay together for a few years.

4. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Let me ask you, with Browns past injury history, are you sure you would want to tie him down for 3-4 more years?

5. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Brown did cut down on his injuries last year. He also cut down on his yards. Brown doesn't have the coaches confidence...why they were looking for and got a RB in the draft.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Though I don't think the Titans were looking RB in the draft, you have to think they know Brown will never be the workhorse they need at RB. Henry was supposed to compliment Brown but he too has proven to be unreliable.

Both have a lot to prove this season. Brown wants the big payday and Henry just wants another payday. If White begins to push for more playing time, it should get interesting since both Brown and Henry need carries.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Yes I would if the price was right. He is productive when he is on the field and he hasn't had an injury that would reduce his productivity long term.
    Of course I wouldn't pay him pro-bowl money either. His injury history reduces his overall value.

8. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I'll take twenty-seven extra TDs over ten more yards anyday. I can't wait to start calling this guy "Mr. Touchdown".

You can call me "Mr. Touchdown" for the time being,:brow:

9. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I kind of disagree. I think the Titans were looking for a RB in the draft. With all the rumors of how much they liked White but he wouldn't be there in the 2nd and maybe Addai would be, I think they were seriously looking for RB in round 2. I think the fact that Brown's breakout year he couldn't stay healthy and then he followed it up with a much more "healthy" year and took a major step backwards in production, speaks volumes to the coaches. I don't think you sink any money into Brown until he shows you something....health and production at the same time.

10. Sledge

Sledge Guest

I got a game on DVD @ Arizona State (2004 or 2005). If anybody wants proof that White IS and WILL BE a go-to guy, gimme a shout...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar