RB/WR/OL Blocking in tonights game.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LiLTex12, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiLTex12

LiLTex12 Starter

I've never created a thread before, but I felt this needed to be celebrated.

How about the blocking down field done by CJ and the wide recievers. I was more proud of this than most things tonight. Kenny Brit and CJ especially.

I especially enjoyed CJ's post game comments when he said "You have to be a complete back. If you expect others to bust their butt blocking for you, you have to do the same for them."

Offensive line also did a great job of keeping the ends on the outside of Vince, giving him room to take off and scramble if needed.

Just an all around game job blocking by the team tonight. Couldn't be prouder.

Sorry if this wasn't thread worthy, just delete it if so.

• High Five High Five x 7
  2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Dude, have confidence in yourself it's a goodsubject for a thread.

It 's always been a big part of our style that WR are good blockers. We haven't had any for a while that can also catch.:)

3. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

Yeah I'm very proud of cj's comment about wanting to be a better blocker to be a complete back. I read the crap about him being friends with ocho and TO and I cringe knowing he could be a total headcase and flip this team inside out. But it seems like hes :grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr:y but knows that hes got more to learn and is about not just himself but the team! So GO CJ!! Britt is our best wr imo as well...kid has some game not only rec but blocking seems to be a natural thing for em!

4. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

Lets be serious tho....he has a chip on his shoulder but its a damn well deserved one with his ability to read the D, be patient, and hit the holes. Someone that fast with sight lines as good as he has deserves his chip :grrhee:

And better yet he proves over and over he is there for the team first and foremost.

There was alot of good blocking out there yesterday.

5. Titans Blue

Titans Blue Camp Fodder

they made very good blocks, and very key blocks especially CJ on a VY Scramble for the 1st down, kudos to those guys! Awesome job tonight! Great Post!!!

6. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Great post man, honestly. And everyone was blocking like a mad man out there....I saw CJ pick up some key blocks around the Pocket to give Vince more time.....which we should really be looking for that Screen Pass more.

CJ is quick enough to disturb a blitzer, than sneak out into open flat, saw about 2 to 3 plays he could have done it, but stayed in the pocket.

One thing I loved was everyone's awareness when VY took off, they looked for him, he points, gets the block, First Down.....that must have been breaking the Texans hearts.

7. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

No man..this is a very important topic !! How many times have we watched football games where the RBs and WRs dont wanna get involved in the play...where just one key block could have sprung they guy for more yardage? It happens all the time ! So when you have a team of players that are willing to get in there and make plays..its definitely note worthy

8. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

We have maybe the best O line in the NFL.

also britt and Nate,Britt down field and Nate in motion.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

C.J. will never be the distraction T.O. & Ochocinco are. He's a RB, and gets the touches WR's don't. If he was a WR then yes C.J. would be just as bad as those 2 you mentioned. But as a RB he gets the 25 attempts T.O. & Ochocinco would kill for.

10. DaKid937

DaKid937 Camp Fodder

Yes.... this is a thing very underlooked when people discuss best running backs in the league as such. People want to argue who's better between AP and CJ and as i've been saying im going to give the edge to CJ because he is a better blocker and much better receiver. Alot of times AP gets replaced by Chester taylor on 3rd downs and such because of blocking and receiving reasons, how are you gonna be the best back in the league when you're getting replaced in key situations like that. Chris does EVERYTHING well and thats what makes him the best, most COMPLETE back to me.

Also I have been very impressed with the way our receivers are blocking. Britt is doing a good job and I've seen Nate throw some monster blocks this season

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar