RC geeks?

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Titan/Oiler34, Apr 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan/Oiler34

Titan/Oiler34 Special Teams Standout

Just began a new hobby with RC cars. Was wondering if there were any RC aficionados around who could give me some tips... other than don't wreck and get a brushless and use a lith battery. I didn't buy a kit, got one already put together and have already changes the oil in the shocks, replaced the steering servo and upgraded to the lit battery. Awaiting a new front bumper and some aluminum replacement parts for the stock plastics. Anyone ?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Skipped traditional RC and went into bluetooth. Have done quite a few simple serial input robots and such using bluetooth and arduino.

3. Titan/Oiler34

I think I'm a while away from attempting too much. Bought a cheapy to learn with rebuild when it breaks so I know what to do when I eventually upgrade. I think I got it fairly well tuned for me at the moment. Lowered it when I did the shocks and turned the steering sensitivity down after the first few laps.
    I came out of the box bottoming out on jumps and the steering was hyper sensitive but slow. Pretty sure I got that portion taken care of for now.

4. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Cool man. As you start to get comfortable with everything, you should buy two arduinos with Xbee shields.

Basically what you can do now is limited by what your transmitter and receiver let you do.

With the arduinos (microcontrollers) and Xbees(radio transciever) , you are only limited by your imagination,
    honestly. You can add sensors and feedback and even make your own controller if you wanted to.

Of course, that opens up a lot more stuff to learn as well, but really cool stuff.

You picked a cool hobby. As far as specific stuff when it comes to assembly and drive and all that, I don't have enough experience to help you out much outside of the control stuff which is what I do most.

5. crypta333

crypta333 Starter

I used to have a nitro methane powered Traxxas truck that I bought from a guy that needed money for $100 back in early 2000's that was insanely fast. He used to race it and had it set up to run ovals. It had a lot of upgrades that made it faster and lighter than the stock truck. I played with it for a few years until I sold it for $200. It was a lot of fun, but I am seriously wanting to get into quadcopters. Watch this guy fly. Insane skills. This looks like so much fun!!

6. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

I dont have one.. but these are pretty cool :D

7. Titan/Oiler34

Figured it might be cheaper than guns and since I already have too many of those... of course after looking around the initial outlay of funds is gonna hurt but after that it seems relatively cheap. As I said just getting started so it will probably be a while before I get too stupid with it lol.
    Yeah, I'm definitely not going nitro methane, gonna stick to lithium ions. Those are too loud for me lol. Had a guy at the shot dive bombing our practice runs yesterday... looks fun but I wanted to strangle him lmao.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

I'm making a quad copter next year. It's going to be a lot of fun.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. crypta333

crypta333 Starter

yeah those are cool. crazy what they can do in the hands of a skilled pilot.

10. crypta333

crypta333 Starter

@Ten_Titans Iwant to get a FPV setup when I start. Check it out.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar