Real Plan For 2014 -- Draft Fan Edition

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Hammer, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

[​IMG]

This is not what I want or would suggest. This thread is for those who want the Titans to lose games in order to get better draft picks. Those who want to bask in the glory of having the Titans be the first on stage at the draft in April (Or May, whenever they do it now).
    :sarcasm:
    [​IMG]

Look everyone, if we are going to realize our dream of getting high draft picks then we need to work at it. We cannot have an offseason like we did where we bring in players like Delanie Walker, Bernard Pollard and a coach like Gregg Williams. To achieve the requisite level of suck we need to really prepare this offseason. And here is how we do it:
    • Fire Munch, yes fire Munch, then promote Dowell Loggains to HC
    • Fire Gregg Williams and Jerry Gray then promote Chet Parlavecchio to DC
    • Do not resign ATV, Bernard Pollard or Derrick Morgan. Also cut Nate Washington
    • Keep the offense focused around :cj:
    • Resign Kenny Britt and make him a starter again
    • In the 2014 draft take only project picks in the first two rounds. Do not draft anyone that will have an immediate impact

Follow these steps and we will hear those oh so sweet words "With the first pick in the 2015 draft the Tennessee Titans select......."

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Losing games for a higher draft pick is stupid. The draft is a crap shoot, and drafts aren't made on the top choices. Even if we land a top 5 pick it doesn't change how we draft. You could argue the best players on our team are 3rd and 4th rounders.

Now losing games to get a new head coach is something I can support.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Hammer

We are already gettin a new head coach. But come on man. Look at all the people here wantin to lose games to get a better pick. You gotta plan for that chit man!

4. J Falk

J Falk Starter

We aren't a team built to lose. Too much talent here. Just need a coach that will put together a decent staff and a few upgrades here and there.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Im going to assume we finish 7-9. Reason being, my mock would only get better if we finish worse.
    IDK how Id draft yet, I mean I know the positions Id target, but I need to see some bowl games to get a fresh idea.

OT
    QB
    DT
    RB
    is how Id start any mock

6. The Hammer

But if we really suck next year we can get some really high picks for 2015 :brow:

And yes I know this. I am just making fun of the fake fans.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Call me a fake fan all you want. It is a term for retard posters who aren't able to better communicate. I don't give a chit what anybody thinks about my "fan loyalty" or fervor. I know what I sacrifice for this franchise. Now lets get a couple of things straight:

1. Losing games to get a higher draft pick is stupid and not really what I've heard the majority of people stating. What has been stated is that winning should not be the priority when playoffs are out of contention and a "re-build" is eminent. Letting 2nd/3rd string players play in place of under-achieving starters allows evaluation if there is value in them. That is smart. And honestly, that's what I've seen Munchak doing. I can't really fault that. He knows he's out and he's at least doing something decent for the franchise this past game.

2. Higher draft picks = more draft OPTIONS. That's it. Plain and simple. It allows us more players to choose from and higher value to trade for additional picks. It says nothing about getting "better players" because that is equally dependant on PLAYER DEVELOPMENT which is a product of coaching. It is undebatable that a higher draft pick creates more options. And it is equally undebatable that MORE options during a re-build provides a franchise with better opportunity for a successful re-build.

That's it. Toss fake fan all you want. You just come off as a dick. Posters using "fake fan"= "dik fan".

8. Rudad

Rudad Starter

If we were going to play to lose, then lose these last two games. I can't see losing a whole year. this can turnaround quick with the right coach and the right QB. If they went to lose gamers all of next year, nobody will show up and this team goes down further. I don't like to lose. Needs to stop this year.

9. The Hammer

You need to plan to be that bad man.

More options yes. A few more. Not a lot. Would rather see that we have players here on the roster that have heart enough to bust their asses on a lost season. Show we have something to build around. Rather than go for the magical higher draft pick.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

You are failing to realize that one slot higher in the draft order translates that that many more options PER ROUND you have a pick. There is a significant difference in player and trade options available over the entirety of the draft.

I'd rather evaluate talent for next year and build to win. I think I was very clear in that post. Luck is only a product of probability that is created. There is no magic involved. I was also very clear on that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar