Realistic Draft Prospects for us sitting at #11

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JR1980, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Sounds familiar....

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Old Oiler Fan

Old Oiler Fan Starter

Still No one has answered the question. Ignoring the problem won't make it go away. What is your plan/hope for the QB position next year?

3. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

The plan is to have Jake start the season and Fitz takes over in week 3 when he gets hurt. That is really the only realistic thing I see happening.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Old Oiler Fan

Old Oiler Fan Starter

LOL! That's funny.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I've long been off the Locker train. But I think people are just being realistic. At pick #11 the top 3, maybe even 4, QB prospects will most likely be off the board. So at that point you can either reach or hope someone else you like is still there in the 2nd. I'd opt for the latter if I weren't absolutely, positively sold on the guy I'd be "reaching" for.

Also, if Munch is back I think we're most likely planning on rolling with Locker again anyway.

6. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Munch is tied with Locker, he has said before that he believes that Locker is the starter going into next season. The top 5 QB (Bridgewater, Carr, Manziel, Bortles, and Hundley are most likely going to be gone or not declare. No other player is worth a first round pick at QB. A lot is still to change before the draft, but as of now, there are a few other qb like Mettenberger and McCarron (cant wait to watch him tonight) are solid 2nd round picks. We need multiple starters (RT, DE, and ILB) as well. Locker and a FA or 2/4 round pick will compete for starting job. A lot can change, but as of now we are stuck in a bad spot and do not have much to be able to trade up.

7. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

There are six QB needy teams drafting ahead of us. We will be reaching if we take a QB at 11. Drafting a QB in the first round does not mean he his a first round talent. If a good QB is not there why would we draft one? If Munch is here we aren't drafting a QB in the first period. The title of this thread did use the word realistic. I think that's what folks are being, realistic.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

1 Houston Texans 2 14 0.559
    2 St. Louis Rams (WAS) 3 13 0.516
    3 Jacksonville Jaguars 4 12 0.504
    4 Cleveland Browns 4 12 0.516
    5 Oakland Raiders 4 12 0.523
    6 Atlanta Falcons 4 12 0.553
    7 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4 12 0.574
    8 Minnesota Vikings 5 10 1 0.512
    9 Buffalo Bills 6 10 0.520
    10 Detroit Lions 7 9 0.457

I only count four. Houston, Jacksonville, Tampa and Minnesota.

St. Louis still has Bradford
    Cleveland's GM is in love Brian Hoyer at QB http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=17&post_id=27061
    Oakland will stick with Pryor
    Atlanta has Ryan
    Buffalo took a QB in the first last year
    Detroit has Stafford

9. Old Oiler Fan

Old Oiler Fan Starter

OK so let's be clear. We are planning on going into the season with Locker as the starter. That's a pretty risky proposition but who knows?

By the way I can't remember 5 QBs ever going in the top 10 picks so IMO the odds are about even that one of them will slip to us.

10. Old Oiler Fan

Old Oiler Fan Starter

I would love to see it shake out like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar