Realistic Draft Prospects for us sitting at #11

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JR1980, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Oiler Fan

Old Oiler Fan Starter

I don't think so. There were what was considered as 3 legitimate 1st rd prospects in 2011 in newton, gabbert, and locker. Ponder was considered a total reach. Dalton went about where expected. By the way all 5 of this years qb prospects IMO would rate higher than locker did. Draft experts had major questions about lockers accuracy which now we know was warranted. There were also questions about his durability I believe.

2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

MLB (Mosley) or DE at #11. QB round 2.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

QB isn't happening at 11, I think. I expect an OT or DE. MLB and QB will be addressed in rounds 2 and 4, I'd guess.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Cleveland and Oakland are very much in play for a QB. Don't be foolish.

5. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

mettenberger in 2nd could be cool (1st round talent slipping to 2nd possibly) and what about Taj Boyd? wheres he projected?

6. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

I like the qb from LSU. He was playing really well before he got injured.

What about a free agent qb? Vick to really help open up the running game?

7. xpmar9x

8. xpmar9x

From another thread --

Honestly, I wouldn't mind AJ McCarron as our 2nd round pick. Now, let me start with that I'm not a 'Bama guy - not even an SEC guy.

However, I believe this team needs an "Andy Dalton" and that's what McCarron does. We need consistency, football intelligence, confidence, & leadership ability at the QB position. Something that McCarron can provide. Sure, he won't go out there and throw for 350 yards and 3 TDs - but he will give us 250 yards and 1 TD on a every game basis. He's not the sexiest pick, nor does he have a high ceiling... but he could be exactly what we need.

A smart QB, who can toss it up to Hunter, dump it off to Wright and let the playmakers make plays. Package that with an improving defense, which if we resign Verner, Pollard, and go D Playmaker with our 1st can be ELITE.

I'm still interested in Jimmy Garoppolo, but I really want to see what he does in the Sr Bowl & Combine before putting my final word in on him.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

that bammer QB anywhere but first round would be excellent

10. xpmar9x

#11 im looking at:

CJ Mosley, MLB @ Bama
    Louis Nix, DT @ Notre Dame
    Kony Ealy, DE @ Mizzou
    Offensive Tackle
    Fallen QB (unlikely, imo)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar