Realistic Draft Prospects for us sitting at #11

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JR1980, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

I wouldn't completely count out St Louis either. Sam Bradford has been injury prone and really hasn't shown a whole lot to say he is a franchise QB. They have two picks in the first, one of those being second overall. Fisher could buy himself some more time in St Louis by drafting a QB. It would give him an excuse for at least two more years of mediocrity.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Wouldnt sleep on the CB from Michigan St.. Dennard (sp), if we lose Verner. Although I have faith in Sensabaugh.

3. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

You know my brain tells me that no matter what receivers we have without a legit QB it won't matter but my heart wants us to take a Mike Evans or Kelvin Benjamin in the first just to watch opposing defenses try to stop the combo of the rookie, Wright, Hunter, and Delanie. I know it will never happen but a guy can dream. Either way I want us to go BPA this year. If the QB of the future isn't there go BPA and OT, MLB, DE preferably and then take the QB in the second.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

All of you guys going gaga for CJ Mosley really have to explain your reasoning other than "we need a MLB." What does the guy do at MLB in the 4-3 that makes him worth a top pick? I'm not seeing it.

5. xpmar9x

Consistent. Leader of Bamas D. Sure fire tackler. Amazing in coverage. Leader.

What isn't to like?

6. Fry

His inability to play sideline to sideline and get of blocks? Those are kind of necessary attributes for first round pick MLBs.

I'm watching him now and the only time he shows up is when he isn't blocked. Like, literally not blocked at all. I just don't see a MLB in the 4-3. He's a less athletic Alec Ogletree. Put him on the weak side and let him run around, but he isn't adept at taking on blockers.

7. xpmar9x

So this 1Q of play is enough for you to make a decision? lol

I havent seen him play a lot, just the iron bowl and tonight. Other than that its what ive read from respected scouts.

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Yeah, I'm with Fry.. I'm just not seeing anything special in Mosely at all.

Mosely has nothing on Rolando McClain. Unlike Mosely, I thought Rolando was worthy of a high 1st round pick. Mosely may be the leader on this team and is a sure tackler (not hitter) but he will have trouble in the NFL in the running game, due to not being able to shed blockers.. He's good in coverage though.

9. Fry

No, I've watched his game cuts ups on draft breakdown.com as well. He just doesn't impress. He really struggles getting off blocks and I don't see many plays made outside the tackles.

Watch the LSU cut up on there. He's invisible unless he's untouched.

10. xpmar9x

I cant really agree/disagree yet.. havent watched enough of him to form my own opinion. Ask me again in a month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar