Realistic draft wish list..

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Signings: Bryant Johnson, Jared Allen, Mewelde Moore, Floyd Womack.

1st Round - Mario Manningham WR, Michigan - With the emergence of Gage, I think we will look for a smaller, quicker receiver. A trade for Roy Williams or picking Fred Davis will also be considered here.

2nd Round - Leodis McKelvin CB, Troy - Raw at corner, but great return skills. A lot like Pac, but has a brain. Kentwan Balmer would be a good pick as well if he falls to us here.

3rd Round - Jacob Tamme TE, Kentucky - Amazing hands, fastest TE in the draft (mid 4.5's), great guy. He has the work ethic and mentality to become great. Reminds me of a Frank/Witten mix. What's not to like?

4th Round - Frank Okam DT, Texas - His stock is falling because he seems to be lazy and an underachiever, but is dominant when he wants to be. A steal right here I think. If we go DT in round 2, then Justin King could be picked here.

5th Round - Wesley Woodyard SS, Kentucky - This guy will be a beast, and a steal in round 5. He lead the SEC in tackles and has the speed to make a smooth transition to SS. Heath Benedict wouldn't be a bad pick here either.

7th Round - Kalvin McRae RB, Ohio - Can't argue with his production and we'll possibly be looking for someone to fill our #3 spot. Dexter Jackson (WR) or Matt Spanos (C) could be had here as well.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ubiq, your okam pick in the 4th reminds me of rien long who seemed like a sure fire 1st rd guy in 03 until a month or 2 before the draft when his workouts were less than impressive and he fell.. Okam would at least be able to play the run..

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If the dude is projected in the 5th how can he be over rated?

4. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

My 2 cents worth...

1st Round - Malcom Kelly, WR, Oklahoma - Too many drops by current WR corp dictate an upgrade here. VY is too talented not to provide him weapons. The Buffalo Bills are sweet on him, so he may not drop to us. A trade for Roy Williams may be considered here as well.

2nd Round - Mario Manningham, WR, Michigan - Again, Too many drops by current WR corp dictate an upgrade here. VY is too talented not to provide him weapons. This guy is difficult to defend when his head is in the game. He could be taken in the first round if it looks like other teams are moving that direction and if that's the case, Earl Bennett from Vanderbilt may be picked here.

3rd Round - Tracy Porter, CB, Indiana - He's a great cover corner and a dangerous return guy. This pick covers multiple areas as Tracy has 4.38 speed (fastest was 4.32) to be our KR as well. Pacman who? He can also play FS. A great value pick.

4th Round - Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas - A TE that can catch, imagine that.

5th Round - John Sullivan, C, Notre Dame - Kevin Mawae won't be around forever, so depth will be needed. We could also go with Chilo Rachal, OG, USC here depending on the status of Benji Olson.

7th Round - Kalvin McRae, RB, Ohio - Rewrote Ohio's rushing records and may prove to be a worthwhile pick here. Agree with Ubiq here that you can't argue with his production and we'll possibly be looking for someone to fill our #3 spot.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

^ I know WR is important but we do have a few more holes to fill. What about one or two free agents at WR also instead of 2 top picks?

6. UVATitan

UVATitan Camp Fodder

manningham does not like going over the middle and i am still not sold on him, i would love to see us grab antoine cason (to replace pac) and sweed

7. nouveaux

nouveaux Starter

I pretty much have two different thoughts. The first is if D. Jackson is there in Round 1. The other is if he's not.

Option 1:
    1. D. Jackson (USC) WR - I think he's the only WR I like in the First Round. This guy is Ted Ginn who can actually catch.

2. L. McKelvin (Troy) CB - I have a feeling he'll be up in Round 1 after the Combine, but I can always hope he'll still be here at #2.

3. W. Gilberry (bama) DE - I agree with the thoughts that we'll likely lose LaBoy. I like the Langford kid from Hampton here too.

4. J. Tamme (UK) TE - Not a great blocker, but can be a very very good pass-catching TE in the NFL. I think Brad Cottam from UT may be a good pick here too.

5. M. Fladell (Rutgers) OG - Decent value pick here for the O-Line.

6. None

7. K. McRae (Ohio) RB - It's the 7th Round. THIS is where you reach for a sleeper at RB.

2nd Option
    1. D. Harvey (FL) DE - I'm ok with a few of the top DEs here. I get chills thinking of KVB with a really good player on the other side.

2. E. Bennett (Vandy) WR - I hate Vandy, but this dude is good.

3. B. Flowers (V. Tech) CB - We need help at CB (especially if Pac doesn't come back) and there are a few guys who could be available here: Flowers, Porter, Cason, or even Rodgers-Cromartie.

4-7 Pretty much same as Option 1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar