Really good Grantland article about the decline of both the offensive and defensive lines

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Good article. More geared towards people who have not followed the team. I would say none of it is really "ground breaking news to us Titans fans" as we have seen it all happen.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Good article - thanks for sharing.

4. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

Was about to post this.

Most of us already know this stuff, but still a great read.

Obviously, we've invested nothing in the O-line but.... 3 draft picks in 4 years? Damn...

5. xpmar9x

They lost to the Ravens in the playoffs that day, 13-10, in a game in which Johnson got hurt and missed the second half. Since then, the Titans are 25-29, with one winning season built upon a remarkably easy schedule and a gift from the Texans in Week 17.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Elaberation is needed....... 3 low draft picks in 4 years. :wall:

How many DBs did we draft in that time though?

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Agreed that there is a lot in there we already know, but I had sort of forgotten just how little the Titans have invested in the lines in recent drafts. I feel like a lot of us have sort of overlooked that.

That has to change with this next draft.

8. xpmar9x

This draft is packed with DL.

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

We have invested in our d line. Klug, Casey, Martin, Solomon, Morgan, and a free agent wimbley... The kicker? Morgan is a bust as an elite 1st round pass rusher. You can never have an elite front seven while you continue to overlook the DE situation.

The things we have done well in the draft? Rebuild the line backer corps. So while we have spent 2 seconds and a 4th (McCarthy) on the LBs we have only one scrub de for our first...

The best DTs we have are both 3rds and IMO valuable starters.

Hard to overlook the need at QB when we spent the 8th overall on locker.

Wright as a first.... Makes me want to go back and see who was on the board still for the D line.

O line struggles.... Pride... Pride... Pride. I thought for sure we would have taken decastro.... But he's a pulled hard nosed guard... Does that honestly suit the zone scheme?

10. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Does this scheme fit any of our o-line players talents anymore or at this point in their careers?

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar