Reason the NE Pats are so good

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GrayGhost1951, Oct 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

I was watching E:60 and one part was about Jake Ebner. He was an aspiring rugby player as his dad was also. He played on the National team, but then realized he was not going pro. So he decides to go to OSU and play rugby there, but he was so much better than the rest he lost interest. So then his dad gets killed during a robbery, and he decides he is going to play football for OSU as a sophmore. He tries out, and really knows very little about the game, but as Trestle said, he sure isn't afraid of contact. So he is one of three walk ons that make the team. He is a special teams ace. He only gets in on 3 plays on defense his entire career (think Rudy), but gets a sack on one of them. So he goes to the combine and gets noticed by the Pats. He is taken in the 6th round, because THEY draft athletes, not necessarily specialty football players. They put him on ST and he is their ace. Then he gets some looks at Safety, and has some starts there. Then the Olympics included rugby, and he told Belicheck he had to try for his dad. He was excused to go for it, and when he made the team and they played on TV, Belichick called practice early so the team could go watch him play. After they lost, he came back and was offered a two year deal at 2.4 million. Now that's a great story, and a great team to play for. No wonder they get maximum effort from their players.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

is a good story...

Titans did the exact same thing with many losers who all sucked.

Except for the part about being good at something else & the Titans draft them in the second round.... just sayin'

• LOL LOL x 4
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Hakuna Matata!

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

One of the "patriots" way is finding players who were specifically underdogs who proved out, Think: a walk on first round pick...

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

God I f****in hate the Pats!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

Titans been down that road with Ruston, boy he loved his 'athletes'. Failed everytime. This year with Jrob we drafted football players and they all have been pretty solid. Pat's are good because coaching thats it.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

They are good because they have the right kind of players TO coach.

8. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

I'm old enough to remember Steve Grogan and Tony Eason. I don't hate the Pats. I hate that Blount was on our roster and we let him go.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I'm expecting JR to stat pumping players through the New England to Tennessee pipeline as soon as next off-season. Most likely with McDaniels as our new HC lol.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

We can only hope he learned how to evaluate talent while there. The next draft will be VERY interesting, along with FA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar