Reason the Titans lost today!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanMark, Oct 6, 2013.

1. FLA Titans Fan

FLA Titans Fan The GM

Why do the coaches still go to Britt on 3 and 1.

Mooney cant block

Oline is looking out of synch

The run scheme is terrible
  2. rockachalk

rockachalk Rookie

The irony is not lost on me. But that ball was batted back to him by Hali who was coming off the edge. He damn near scored with it!
  3. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

Yea, I was trying to upload the Gif but it was too big. That goal line 4 play series was just horrendous and it wasn't just Fitz. But on that particular play he had a wide open receiver at the goal line in the very corner. A little pitch out and it was an easy TD.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2013/10/6/4809386/ryan-fitzpatrick-throws-zero-yard-pass-to-himself
  4. Dman

Dman Starter

I know this is gonna sound very much like hindsight and I guess it is when you think about it but when we went for it on 4th down and didn't take the field goal, I was flipping out. Those 3 points would have helped in the 2nd half before the game was out of reach. It was way to early in the game to not take 3 points imo.
  5. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I feel we're you're coming from, but who knows if Rob would have made it. I have that much doubt in him that I don't trust him on the chippys.
  6. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

It drives me crazy when we kick a field goal at the one yard line on 4th and 1. It was a no brainer for me to go for it there. Even though we didn't get the score, it left the chiefs in terrible field position and we could have easily gotten a safety or at the least great field position. But obviously it didn't work in any form or fashion today.They basically kicked our ass in the first half. It's just inexcusable that we couldn't get one yard in 4 tries.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  7. Dman

Dman Starter

I know what you mean man but I trust bironas for 3 than fitz for 6. It was a gutsy call that just didn't work. I also didn't know what that last fg was about at the end of the game either lol
  8. Dman

Dman Starter

it drives me crazy too to even be in that situation but I just thought it was way to early in the game to go for it. 3 points is 3 points and when we were down 20-17, those 3 points would have been key to how we managed the game towards the end.
  9. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

Yea, that was a huge brain fart. I assume the idea was to get a quick score and leave time for an onside kick but no matter the game was over anyway. Wouldn't have been any time on the clock to even kick the onside.
  10. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

True!