Reason to keep watching: Chance Warmack

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Dec 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It appears as though our favorite draft pick Chance Warmack has flipped the switch and is finally showing to be a decent grab.

Thru all of his rookie year Chance was up and down, rarely playing consistent or showing any technique. But now in the back end of 2014 Chance's Pro Football Focus grades have spiked.

warmack 13 to 14.jpg

This improvement in play is coming following games vs some of the leagues best in Cameron Heyward, Fletcher Cox, and JJ Watt.

Warmack for a change will be someone to keep your eyes on to see if he is the future of the Titans O-Line who are in desperate need of answers.

• High Five High Five x 6
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

**** Chance Warmack. **** Mike Munchak. **** Bruce Matthews. **** Ruston Webster.

You don't take a ****ing guard at 10. Morons.

• High Five High Five x 5
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

Well no, normally this is true, but if Chance pans out to grade out like say Mike Iupati on the Niners week to week it will have proven to be a wise pick.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

No it won't. The only way he's worth that pick is if he turns in to Larry Allen. He isn't. Bad pick.

5. JCBRAVE

I know its hard to see the good out there in this shi*t storm of a season, but Chance has been picking it up when so many have been tapping out. Thats worth recognizing.

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I just remember JJ Watt's miked up video. In that he was repeatedly saying wherever #67's at that's where I'm lining up.

It's a miracle Warmack is improving considering who he's lining up with and I do see the improvement but opponents have easier guys to pick on.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Certainly reason for optimism if:

1. Trend continues
    2. PFF is reliable with their evaluations

8. JCBRAVE

I believe them to be. Last year I had someone give me his username and password, so for a few weeks I was clicking around PFF, then I tested their stuff by watching some Browns and Buc games, I go thru maybe 2 1/2 games when I was like these dudes really watch every single snap in great depth.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

#67 is Levitre.

• LOL LOL x 4
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I figured this would happen. I honestly think switching to RG took him a while to learn. I think that was a stupid decision on the team's part, to change the position he played. I believe a veteran like LEvitre would have learned RG better than a rookie who had only played that in college.

I never lost faith in Warmack, and I think he will keep improving. If we can sign Iupati away from SF this year and even Bulaga away from GB we could have a killer line.

As to Fry's point, I still wish we had drafted Lotulelei at 10 and Larry Warford in the 2nd. But it is what it is.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar