rebuild the Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ONUV, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ONUV

ONUV Starter

besides firing the coaching staff what do you do with the players?

keepers:
    chris johnson
    ringer
    britt
    cook
    some offensive line
    jason jones
    william hayes
    finnegan
    griffin?

seems like the rest are dispensable or getting old

2. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Unless he doesn't want to be in Nashville anymore, I'd be in no hurry to fire Fisher.

But, I would consider changing the DC.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Woy

Woy PA's finest.

Fixed.

4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

lol you forgot VY on the indispensable

5. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

I think you do the best to keep the core guys and you build around that. We actually have some pretty good pieces in place already.

RB-Chris Johnson, Javon Ringer
    OL-Overall is solid
    WR-Nate Washington, Kenny Britt, I think another solid guy would really help..maybe Gage is still that guy
    TE-Bo Scaife, Jared Cook
    DB-Courtland Finnegan, Michael Griffin

I think our main areas of concern are

QB-Obviously
    DE-Need some young guys here
    CB-I think we really need help in this area, not only in regard to depth but quality as well.
    ST-Get a good return man

But I think the coaching staff is where it all starts. We need a fresh new perspective, new ideas, and new philosophy here. I think its clear these players no longer believe in JF message anymore. I think if we get a staff in place that can develop these young guys and give them a vision they believe in we'll be back sooner then later (competing).

6. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

WE HAVE A WINNER!

Joke Fisher's philosophy does not work in the NFL anymore. He is the last of the old ball control dinasurs left in the NFL.
    Rule changes in the last 10 years have rendered Fisherball obsolete. Adios Jeff
    It's time for you to retire as (JOKE) one of the best coaches ever!

7. ONUV

ONUV Starter

what about linebacker? i don't think bullock comes back next year. thornton and tulloch are dispensable.

8. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Simply a mental block on that. Yes LB is definitely a position where I feel we need help. I too believe that we are going to lose KB next off season..I would love a guy like Brandon Spikes..but we unfortunately need too much and doubt well get him in the draft. So I see us getting one in FA

9. titans2871

titans2871 Adrian Who?

Tulloch is in the top 10 in tackles in the NFL and seems to be the only one on our D that knows how to tackle still!

10. titans2871

titans2871 Adrian Who?

Bulluck had a good game today too but he is running out of time and age is catching up.. He will go to a team that can contend for a ring... He does not want to go through another rebuilding... Thornton has really disappointed me this year... Who knows where he is

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar