Reche Caldwell cut

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by deeluxx3, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. talldrinko

talldrinko Guest

i agree bring him in

He was pats leading reciver 61 catches over 700 tds 4 tds,
    IN playoffs had 16 catches for about 180 plus 49 yd td against sd.
    & u people think hes a bum ,hell gage didnt even play in postseason.
    doesnt have 60 catches in his career. He is not big about robys
    size.We would have 2 vets who are proven players in the nfl.

2. Nash

Nash Starter

Caldwell dropped 2 wide open passes against the colts last year in the afc championship..them he had that strange looking eyes wide open.. something must be wrong there..

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Money..caldwell vs gage..

Caldwell was making too much money for an end of bench guy and while he will count against the cap at least the pats won't be paying his salary.

I think if caldwell was shopped a couple of weeks ago for say a 7th rd pick the titans might have been one of those interested but now we are set there and only gage would realistically be released to make room. Is caldwell that much better than gage? No. Especially considering that caldwell makes twice as much money. I don't see us making a move now.

4. i don' think Bulluck would want him here...

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Money aside?

You bet he is.

6. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Caldwell did not make any friends on the team last December. Quite the opposite. Pass.

7. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

?? Are you talking about Gage? Gage is 4 inches taller and almost 25 pounds heavier than Roby. Caldwell is the same height as Roby but outweighs him by around 20 pounds.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Caldwell vs gage..

Caldwell put up career numbers last year starting on a team with tom brady as QB. Before last season his career is almost identical to gage. 300 yards a year type numbers. Doug gabriel averaged 29 yards a game there last year as the team's #3 so while caldwell did play fairly well there his numbers are mainly about getting the playing time with a great QB.

I think the drops in the afc championship game were the end of his stay at NE and they kept him until the final cut just in case one of their other guys went down.

9. talldrinko

talldrinko Guest

i stand corrected

Roby 6 Ft 189 & Caldwell 6 Ft 210 ,but I Still Say 60 210 Is Not
    What I Consider A Big Reciver, Need To Be At Least 6 Ft 3 Inches
    & 215.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Givens is 6'0 and 215. He's pretty physical, I have to say.

Suddenly, I want this guy to return.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar