Red Zone TDs Area of Improvement for Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans coach Jeff Fisher feels an area for improvement for his team as they return from a bye week is scoring touchdowns with their red zone opportunities. "One thing that’s important is that we’re leaving some points off the board. When you get down in the plus territory, when you get down inside the 10 yard line or the five yard line, you need to get [touchdowns] rather than [field goals]," said Fisher. The Titans have only five touchdowns and five field goals in 13 trips inside opponents’ 20-yard line. "Some teams you’ll see will make a big play and they’ll get inside the 10 yard line and then two plays later, they’ll score. But when you’re driving the football methodically in long-play drives and your drive includes a three or four play drive inside the 20 yard line, it’s difficult to get in. That’s an area where we need to improve."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Ive been saying this all year and Ill keep saying it, feed LenDale the rock, 30 times a game, trust me on this one

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Then they need to stop making stupid calls. Lendale is the guy to get the TD. Just slam him in there like you are supposed to do. I mean we run a reverse against the Saints in the red zone. No wonder we aren't striking. It's not brain surgery. Send Vince one way, and send lendale the other. They can't defend both players at the same time. And Put Vince in the Shotgun. He can run or pass. If they spy. Pass. If they don't, run like hell. I say keep it simple and we will do our business.

4. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Hummmmmmmmmmm. So Fisher didn't know that this was a problem? Hasn't this been a problem since the "Eddie right, Eddie left, TE across the end zone" days? It would be easier to remember when it wasn't a problem!

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

At least the problem is not being able to get to the Red Zone...

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Lots of times a fb is mostly unnoticed....and we have a very explosive FB. Throw him the ball.

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Or just keep it simple and hand it to him. Ahmard is a load he can punch it in.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

True, but I think the pass is sneakier. Seems like you see fb's getting open near the goal line a lot. Maybe they could use some kid of misdirection run.

9. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I use the term "Field Goal Fisher". We seem to always spudder in the red zone for some reason.

10. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Just let LenDale pound it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar