REDS fans rejoice

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by CRUDS, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

For the first time since the Nasty Boys you have relief pitching..
    I had my doubts that Dusty Baker would help lure some pitching to Cincy. One more pitcher please, maybe a trade for Griffey. Bring up Homer Bailey and with Cincinnati's offensive gauntlet I think this team competes for the postseason for the first time since I can't remember when..

Reds sign Cordero
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3124583

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Cordero is ok. But you need Homer Bailey to pitch like he does in the minors. If he can do that, you become a contender because of him alone. But so far, hes getting raked over in mlb. Not sure why either. But he has to get it going.

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

As a cubs fan I think youll soon find that Dusty is terrible. He has no clue how to manage pitching and I think was a big reason that Wood and Prior became so injury prone. In saying that, this was certainly a good signing for them.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Interesting..

Dusty baker has almost the exact same winning percentage as a manager that jeff fisher does as head football coach. 53%..

Given that baker's teams have won 53% of their games and lost 47% an average record of 85-76 i don't know what justification anyone would have to say he sucks. And honestly how is he responsible for woods and prior getting hurt every 10 starts?

Given that baker has won the national league manager of the year 3 times, and taken 5 teams to the post season maybe he isn't the best example of a manager who sucks.

Again national league manager of the year 3 times!

5. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I'm not sure I really like the Baker hire in Cincy.. i'm just not sold on him. I like Cordero but they'll need to add a pitcher to that rotation as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar