Redskins vs. Titans Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by eberry, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stillmatic23

stillmatic23 Guest

you are very stupid.

2. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

....so did CHris Henry.

3. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Hello Mr. Kettle.

4. Chris Henry played against a 2nd string defense that was pretty good.

5. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

2nd string defenses aren't pretty good.

6. stillmatic23

stillmatic23 Guest

Lol quit typin already.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I just went back and watched some of the game. I thought it was dull and sloppy last night. It wasn't much better today.

A few things I noticed from the first half:

The Titans first-team OL had a difficult time getting a push in the first half but the Skins stacked it in to stop the run. There was no room to run against an 8-man front. Their LBs filled any "holes" and did a nice job meeting Brown/White at the LOS. Hall pounded Fletcher or whoever hit the hole but rarely moved him out.

Other than Jones and Scaife, there wasn't much to get excited about from the WRs. But they didn't get many opportunities in the first half.

Our first-team defensive line did a good job getting pressure and disrupting the LOS. I think T. Brown and Odom both played well. I also think Schwartz called a pretty aggressive game and was effective with his weak side blitzes. I do like that style of play but I suspect the offense would audible on that look during the regular season.

Finnegan did a nice job both on the outside and on punt returns. Griffin got picked on and has a lot to learn. King made some plays.

The refs missed a bunch of calls (punt downed deep, face mask on White, Randle El fumble). It's preseason for them too, I suppose.

In the second half, C. Henry flashed some potential against the second team. I'd like to see what he could do vs. a first-team D.

8. stillmatic23

stillmatic23 Guest

anybody see the big german get the sack.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Look, I'm a vols fan and I'm GLAD we didn't draft Meachem. We aren't all the same ya know.

I really don't know how people can say we looked so GREAT yesterday. Reminder, we lost the game.

I was actually AT the game yesterday, although it's all a bit hazy. Yes, the Run Defense and overall D looked much improved. That's a good sign... but I'm not gonna be all crazy hyper about it because it was JASON CAMPBELL and Ladell Betts. Not exactly the NFLs elite's. But sure, the D looked really good against a not-so-great Redskins team.

The Offense was PATHETIC last night. Whatever strides KFC was making in training camp sure doesn't translate to game ability. If Vince goes down, the season is over.

Chris Brown was super pathetic as usual. LW was bad. Chris Henry wasn't that good.

Brandon Jones appears to be our number 1, which is good. Other than that, none of the receivers did anything special last night.

And Fisher needs to change the team rules about staying in a hotel. Seriously the NFL has to babysit these guys the night before a game, pathetic.

Vince needed to play yesterday. Everyone needs to see who works well with Vince in a game since that's all that matters.

Yesterday was nice to see the D a little better. Bad to see the offense stink it up. And on total, a negative, since there was no Vince in action.

Oh and Paul Williams getting popped... who cares? Welcome to the pro's.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

:))

I just wanted to point out that I suggested that blitzing style in our discussion on Schwartz and the Defense. Glad to see maybe we will try some new more aggressive things this season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar