Redskins vs. Titans Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by eberry, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanmeister

titanmeister North End Zone Rules

I was OK with the OL's performance myself. Remember that in the pre-season and the first few games of the year just about every team struggles in the run game. The O-line is about team work and even with a bunch of vets every year it takes time to jell as a unit. I thought all three RB's ran hard. There wasn't lots of room based on scheme. Henry does seem to have a good burst and the man is solid.
    The defense looks improved and King has some pop that is refreshing and makes me think of Blaine Bishop.

2. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

Observations from what I saw last night:

1. KFC running the Titan's O vs. VY running the Titans O will look totally different. The plays are the same, but that's it. It's like having a 4 cylinder Ferrari and a 10 cylinder Ferrari. They look the same, but perform way different.

2. Lendale hestitated in hitting the gaps. I'm not sure if the Titans were zone blocking (don't know enough about the O) but it almost looked like LW couldn't make a decision.

3. Tony Brown is a player. He was making plays. He was in the backfield alot.

4. LT is still taking bad angles.

5. I'm still waiting on the D to produce some 3 and outs.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

There were absolutely ZERO holes.

4. stillmatic23

stillmatic23 Guest

yeah!! im sure i am the only person on this board that watched the game lastnight, because we forced alot of 3 and outs. finnegan had his fair share of returns and davis did too. We only got one turn over and the redskins were held to no points until fourth quarter, so there had to of been alot of 3 and outs lolol. plus they were held to only 12 first downs.

5. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

I only count 1st Team stats. The rest is gravy.

6. No, its pickle juice.

7. TWR#1

TWR#1 Guest

anyone else notice Woolfolk got 0 reps on defense,unless im wrong...and if he did it wasnt untill very very late in the 4th quarter...i didnt even notice if he was dressed

8. TWR#1

TWR#1 Guest

NVM...

i forgot all about his hamstring injury...

the guy wont make the team..

i hate that he was a bust...but atleast we have corners who can play when someone is injured now unlike last year when he started against JAX and came in for one play vs Indy,ironically Harrison TD play

9. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

I think everyone in the stadium knew they were going to Own him on that play. Amazing that he didn't see it coming...

Maybe the pink slip won't catch him quite as off guard in a few weeks...

10. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I had the fortune to share a suite with some scouts from other pro teams. Well, fortunate for me, unfortunate for them cause I asked them over a hundred questions.

Anyway, they named some guys that were in starting positions that they ranked as average talent. They said the Titans, as a whole, had the talent at each position to be a playoff team, but that some key positions weren't in place to actually make it to the Super Bowl. He said that the Titans have never had playmaker wide receivers because the Coach is running back focused.

Based on the type of football that Fisher wants to play, the scout said that Chris Henry and Lendale White had the body types to fit the football. He said each team had a "type" and the Titans running back standard is Eddie George, big and powerful. Chris Henry's body type fits that more than Lendale because Lendale is "slew" footed. I never noticed that! He said that Chris Brown's body type is slight and quick, and that his body type can't take the type of running game that Fisher likes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar