Redskins vs. Titans Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by eberry, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfrancis04

jfrancis04 AKA jonboy_the_titan

Just my initial thoughts:

-Griff needs to move to back to safety
    -Eric King should definitely make this team
    -Chris Henry really has a chance at being the starter by week 1
    -D-line looks solid, but let's see how they do against the Pats next week. The Redskins offense isn't that great AND Portis was out.
    -I expected more from the receivers (VY not playing didn't help), although Scaife and B. Jones looked solid.

2. stillmatic23

stillmatic23 Guest

I dont see how people can even criticize them for this game. People sayin we are horrible so we shoulda got killed the first quarter and half the second. but we shut that team out for 4 quarters. Our 3rd stringers just messed up. Im glad they mess up now than in the season.

3. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

My take:

Tony Brown=:thumb:
    Haynesworth looked good too
    Both MLB's were MIA
    I like what I saw from finnegan and King
    KFC=:barf:
    Chris Henry looks good

Griffin should be at Safety, not because he sucks, but because Harper, Hill, Finnegan and King deserve more of a shot. and assuming Pac will be back next year, we really have tons of talent at CB.
    We have two backups in Lowry and Lamont competing for a starting position. If anything, Griffin should at least play at safety for a bit during the preseason. If he doesn't play at safety we wasted a draft pick, because I can't see him winning a starting CB spot.

4. jfrancis04

jfrancis04 AKA jonboy_the_titan

I really agree with your comments about Griffin and the CBs. I think we have a lot of talent at CB w/o Griffin so why not move him back to Safety, a position we know he can play and one that he was quite good at playing.? Think what our secondary would be like if/when Pac gets back...Harper, Pacman, Hope, and Griffin, with Herndon, King, and Finnegan as backup CBs...that's almost scary.

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

For all those Collins haters out there, be thankful we have him.

We could do a lot worse for a back-up QB.

"Most teams" should have two QB's like we have.

6. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Tim Rattay as a third stringer isn't too shabby, either.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

We are seeing what could have been, lol.

8. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Positives: Chris Henry, Finnegan, Eric King, Conover, Tony Brown.

Star: Defensive Line, especially the pass rush.

Negatives: Griffen at CB, Lowry, Rattay, O-line, Rattay.

Worst Performance: Tie... Chris Brown and Lendale

A lot to be happy about after this game. The defense has clearly improved and dominated in the all important trenches. The O-line did fairly poorly but gave up zero sacks to our 5 and Washington did put 8 in the box to stuff the run early. The aggresive blitzing by Shwartz resulted in just a ton of QB pressures to go with those sacks and the two fumbles and showed a newfound confidence in our secondary. Nice. I think it's safe to say as a unit our secondary stayed with the receivers and hit HARD. King, Finn and Herndon all made plays out there. Griff looked like he was playing out of his comfort zone and it's hard to imagine the coaches didn't notice. Finn did excellent in the return game and could be just the guy to replace Pac. Chris Henry looked ferocious and should see some early playtime in coming games. Super curious to see how he does against 1's. All and all I think we played very well and it will be interesting to hear breakdowns and rewatch footage. The very few penalties were great for such a young squad.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Obviously the bumbling that lost the game wasn't of any real consequence but I really hope the play of the first team Oline is better than what we saw tonight.
    Collins and Rattay looked inept at best. No receiver is looking like a serious #1 yet. Many blown routes etc.. Chris Brown looked like the same ol same ol, not enough back back situtations to base much about Lendale.. While Chris Henry didn't get any spectacular yardage he fought like hell for every yard he did get. He definitely seems like the most intriguing addition on offense since last season. If the run D can step it up like this against teams that actually have a running game we'll all be happy but I'm not making any conclusions from this game...

10. I was very impressed with our Defense. I thought that they did very well. Finnegan had one bad play, but was big otherwise and loved what i saw. We shut out a very stout offense and i think that we should be happy with that. Griffin should be playing saftey instead of Lamont and Finnegan starting was very nice i was pleased with that. Wish that i could have seen more of Tulloch tonight.

Offense was pretty good except for the QB position and the RB. The WRs did alright mainly BJones and Scaife were the standouts. Moulds didnt get the ball in his hands once, and dropped an easy screen ball. Oline, absolutely horrible, but the RB that i really like as did everyone else was Chris Henry, this kid is an absolute BEAST, he is so fast and i love some of the moves that he uses like the spin and he initiates contact much more than he did in his yahoo highlight video.

I think that we have something to look forward to. And will someone please tell me what happened to Vince

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar