Redskins vs. Titans Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by eberry, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

If you could project the running game based on last night, which you can't, it'd be White then Henry.

Say what you want about White, but give a defense around three quarters of running into him, Henry (or Brown) could rip big runs in the final quarter. White is going to do some brusing this year, I expect.

2. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Upon further review I feel much better about our O-line performance. Washington routinely put 8 in the box and "brought the house" but managed 0 sacks over 4 quarters. I also have to disagree with Jeff on the quality of there run defense which ranked 19th last year and added perenial pro bowler London Fletcher in the offseason. This is one of the better run stuffing D's around and the gameplan was clearly to shut down the run and make our Q's beat them in the air. It's a gameplan I see alot of teams using this season. That being said they were missing Olsen as well and Lendale and Brown showed ZERO burst to the hole. Excited to see how they perform next week against the Pats!

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Scaife looked like the only thing going for a minute, but he's still not a game changer. He can get down field on occasion, but he's most consistent on these 4 to 10 yard plays. He will get the action when we can't get the run game going. We need Troupe to perform.

We may have seen the starting OL last night if Olson's back continues to bother him.

Williams looked good. Paul that is. Shame that one pass was too high. I'd still say Brandon Jones will be a starter. I'll grudginly look forward to Gage playing earlier, and Ealy at all. Trying to hide the guy for the PS?

4. smili

smili Starter

On the running game - I couldn't tell, but I don't think Bell was playing. And was Olsen out also? I missed the lineup and the announcers didn't talk much about who was blocking.

From the WR, despite talk to the contrary, B.Jones seems to still be the best of the bunch.

I like Finnegan at corner. He got beat by Moss on the one play, but I like him. Agree that King showed up several times out there. Not sure about Griffen at this point, but I wouldn't say we're locked down at safety and maybe it's time to move him back to compete there.

I didn't get to catch the MLB battle.

The centers need to work on their snaps. QBs had to take their eyes off the defense way too many times handling low or errant snaps.

Not convinced about Finnegan at returner. Despite the longer return he seemd to want to go sideways and backwards as much as forwards.

Discipline seemed good. Seemed like a very low number of penalties for a preseason game, particularly of the technical type - formation, false start type.

I was most surprised by Chris Henry. I really didn't expect him to challenge for significant playing time this year, but I'm guessing he may run some with the first team in later games to see how he does there.

5. NationofVols

NationofVols Camp Fodder

Paul Williams gets popped!

Took a lick, but fortunately got back up. He HAS had a bit of an injury history so it's good to see a bit of toughness I suppose. I don't remember seeing any of the young guys catch a pass? Did they?

Then again, I don't remember too many passes caught at all beyond Brandon Jones and Bo Scaife. haha

Man it woulda been nice had they drafted Robert Meachem or Dwayne Jarrett even.

:yes:

6. ONUV

ONUV Starter

bet you like griffin @ safety as well

what a draft

7. NationofVols

NationofVols Camp Fodder

Griffin may end up a good player, but it won't be at corner. He was getting owned by Mike Espy last night, turning his hips towards outward towards the sideline and allowing Espy to go inside.

They need to just go ahead and let Lamont play the nickel role and plug in Griffin. He COULD be a stud along side Hope. He isn't going to make any sort of impact at cornerback. No more than Herndon, Harper, Hill, etc....so why bother? Lamont is average at best anyway and may as well fill him in now where he's most useful.

So yeah, him at safety is the smart move.

8. stillmatic23

stillmatic23 Guest

Paul williams didnt even get hit that hard, he mostly fell back when the dude came in. He woulda had a nice catch if tim rattay didnt throw everything so high. And bo scaife,brandon jones, courtney roby, paul williams made catches and joel filani made a catch. none of our receivers was in enough to make alot of catches.

9. stillmatic23

stillmatic23 Guest

Titans looked good yesterday, i cant believe people are complaining. Our first string shut there first string out and they got plenty of vets on offence.

10. Thats how i was looking at it as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar