Reese predicts Hester is the new Mason

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

some of you guys really, really dont like hester.

2. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

I stopped reading after he said neither has world class speed. If thats the case how come Hester runs a freaking 4.2, sounds world class to me...

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I love consistency.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Please read the article..

Reese did not predict that hester would be like mason as a WR he just drew some similarities and why hester could be good there and why mason would be a model for hester to follow. Nothing that reese said was not true. Hester has exceptional speed but not sub 4.4 speed.

If the comparison is not accurate it is so because mason wasn't in hester's league as a return man. Mason didn't do anything from 97-99 that remotely compared to hester. Mason was really just an average return man in those years, broke out big in 2000 and then returned to mediocrity after.

Reese was generous in crediting the coaching staff with mason's development because the reality is that they never gave him a chance.

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I think to be fair to Mason, his return "to mediocrity" was almost solely because he had become a full-time starter at WR and not being a full-time return guy.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

and our Special Teams as a whole was pretty pathetic.

9. i think this is a dangerous comparison tho, because mason was a very good #1 receiver, he made mcnair look very good at times because he would catch some of the most rediculous passes... he was my favorite WR for a long time

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Dangerous?

What could possibly be the danger of comparing 2 players?

Perhaps the best comparison for hester might be randle el who as everyone knows was a QB in college and has been a solid all purpose offensive player but is not and never will be a #1 WR. Another similar guy physically was rahib ismail who amazingly was never more than an average return man and was just a #3 type Wr most of his career but did have 2 1000 yard seasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar