Reese Speaks to Hartwig's Agent

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I could see the family connection angle.

And the lack of a state income tax certainly is extra incentive to make your millions in TN. But then, the same is true in Washington state...

2. danny

danny Guest

Perhaps Holmgren isn't his type of guy and you balance that with the taxes...And Nash does come up with good nuggets (for the record)

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I wonder if the coaches are seeing something on game film I'm not seeing on my TV. Hartwig consistently gets his butt kicked and often has to tackle his guy for a holding penalty. If signing him is a priority I'm scratching my head as to why.

4. If they can sign him cheap and just don't want a complete turnover on the OLine, that's one thing. But I can't see them thinking about giving him a big contract.

5. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Why would we sign Hartwig, he isn't a top C, and they say most of talent in a C is the connection with a QB. We look to be moving on QB situation, so it would make sense to get some youth in their, and let our future QB grow with a young center.

6. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

The biggest obstacle to brining in Hutchison is we already have a LG who under contract through 2009. Unless Hutch wants to play RG (assuming we Benji) there isnt a spot for him.

7. They could bring in Hutchinson at RG, because Benji is as good as gone. Or move Piller to the right side if need be.

If memory serves, Piller has a pretty significant bonus in 2007. So he could be gone after another year, anyway.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

very diplomitacally said

9. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

I'm curious.....I read that posters bash this player and then another player and act as if they have been focusing in on those particular players during the course of each game. I'd wager heavily that most posters and fans do not focus in on the play of the offensive line to watch technique and footwork. Heck, most fans watch the ball and who gets it.

The postion coaches watch their men during the game and watch hours of film to grade their work. Those coaches know what they are doing much better than a bunch of disgruntled posters online.

Trust me on this one. Hartwig is a priority for the Titans to re-sign this offseasn, but it won't happen before March 1st.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

It's not hard to find Hartwig - he was the guy laying on his butt after every single play, sometimes he has to be pried out of the QB's chest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar