Reese to Meet with Agent for Henry

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans GM Floyd Reese will meet with the agent representing RB Travis Henry later this month at the East-West Shrine Game. Henry is due a $4 million option which was part of the deal from Buffalo when the Titans traded a third-round pick to them last year. The Titans won't pay the option but may be willing to work out something which keeps Henry a Titan in '06. Henry rushed for just 335 yards and missed four games due to suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

i'd love to keep him personally because he looked really good when they gave him the rock this year and could be our starter but ya know that wont happen cuz of chris, oh well lol

3. IndyTitan

IndyTitan So Peter...

It will be interesting to see how things turn out for Henry and his agent. With Henry having two of the available three substance abuse strikes, they are in a difficult situation to negotiation. I would like to have a vet like Henry in the backfield in 2006 if at all possible (and the price is right).

4. bob45x32

bob45x32 Starter

Get Rid Of Henry!!!!!!!!!!! He Was A Bust. He Didnt help at all. Get Reggie Bush!!!!!!! lawrence maurony deangelo williams lendale white or ME!!!! anyone is better than henry Id Rather sign charlie garner!!

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

with 2 strikes against Henry he doesn't have a lot of bargaining power. When he is on he is one of the top RBs in the league. Henry has proven he is durable which is more than we can say about Brown.

6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Well that's an honest opinion.

7. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Brown played in more games this seaon than Henry did. Henry did miss time due injury and violation of NFL substance abuse program. That counts just as much as missing games due to injury because h has to miss time.

8. Something Reese said makes me think they will keep Henry, one way or another. He had a radio interview on 106.7, where he said that he'd like to get the Titans back to a time where they were more physical on both offense and defense (as I understood his point).

That sounds like Henry's running style to me. Not Chris Brown's.

I do think, though, that they will have to renegotiate his contract after he had such a terrible 2005 season. I doubt the Titans will keep him with his $4M option bonus.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

It's about value. I say keep Henry if he agrees to drop 2.5 mill of the extension. (But wait until after draft day- we may not need him!)

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I pray that is true.

Reggie! Reggie! Reggie!:brow:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar