Referee explains non-calls that helped Ravens

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morph

Morph Revolution

It was more like about 6 barriers. I don't think it was that funny either. Our defense played a great game yesterday holding the Ravens to only 13 points after three turnovers but our offense made most of the crucial mistakes and couldn't help our defense out when they set them up to do so. Sure I would have enjoyed seeing R. Lewis get frustrated if it had been the other way around but since he has already got a ring then I don't think I would have felt too bad about it.

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Whats funnier is that i just handed you my first neg rep. Plus if you want to watch it on youtube you'll have to spell his last name correctly.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Morph

Morph Revolution

No question about that. I didn't even notice during the game that he may have stepped on the white but they showed it after the game and with just one look at that you can clearly see he isn't out imo. That didn't hurt us near as much as the other personal foul calls and non calls the refs made/didn't make obviously though.

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

This ratbird sure as heck enjoyed the officiating.

[​IMG]

5. RavensD

RavensD Guest

Please don't tell me you're going to blame the refs for the loss. That would be silly.

6. Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes Camp Fodder

Plenty of Ravens fans did that after the first meeting, it's to be expected following a tough loss.

It wasn't the refs poor call on T-Sizzle that lost us the game, it was allowing them to march down the field for the winning TD. The non-delay of game call did not lose the game for the Titans, allowing the Ravens to march down the field from their 24 yard line for the winning field goal did.

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I just want a game called fair on both sides. Not to much to ask ... especially when at home.

8. RavensD

RavensD Guest

Exactly my point. Had we executed when it really mattered on offense, the call would have been irrelevant. They stopped us several times from putting points up, and we lost because of it, not because there's some grand conspiracy against us.

Same thing with yesterday. Tennessee was dominated once they reached our side of the field. That is why they lost, not because of a debatable non-call.

And honestly guys, even if it was a delay of game, so what? Did the extra half second of waiting for the ball to be snapped give Flacco the magical ability to hit Heap 23 yards downfield in double coverage? Did it somehow cause Tennessee's defense to continue to give up plays afterwards? I mean, it's not like we got free yards or an extra set of downs. We earned it.

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I think it's a Bird thing this season

Ravens
    Eagles
    Cards

wtf?

10. Morph

Morph Revolution

I'm definitely not saying that the non delay of game call cost us the game because ultimately it didn't. Sure had it been called though then the Ravens might have called a different play and thus not resulting in a big gain. It was third down if I recall correctly too so that's all the more reason they may have changed the play. Who knows, but the Titans obviously played the better game yesterday aside from the "big mistakes" that obviously cost them the game. There were at least a couple of personal foul calls also that should have been called on the Ravens but instead they were either called on us or not called at all. Oh well. Gotta swallow that and move on. The two fumbles and choked field goal attempt killed us. We beat ourselves in that game mostly with a little help from the refs. Period.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar