Reflection on this past Year

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JettJett, Jan 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JettJett

JettJett Starter

For most Titan fans, this season must have been a breath if fresh air. I may be the only one that is disappointed in the win total and how the season went. Came close but fell just short of my predicted double digits wins and playoff. Almost hard to say if the Titans were as good as I had predicted or just lucky. The wins and losses did not follow my prediction - in another word it was a wild, wild ride. Some great wins but at the same time some sad losses. My prediction of 3 to 4 games of no more that 10 point difference came true which is a reflection of how Mularkey coaches. He wants to keep the game close so that if needed, Mariota can make the game winning drive (I still see Dan Reeves). Coaching was the big question mark going into this season and will be for years to come unless we make a coaching change, new OC or change in philosophy. As everyone says, Mularkey changed the culture of the team and that is great but I don't think they make the next step. Robinson gets my vote of MVP (most valuable personnel). Despite my disappointment, I will however give the team a passing grade due to the new players, "new" head coach, new GM, new culture and the 6 game improvement.
    Going forward - Robinson knows our weak spot so I'm sure he will address it. If he keeps it up, we may have a super future. I don't see a change in the head coach unless we stagnate at 8-9 wins and no playoff. Will wait until the end of next year before calling for MM head. Hopefully he wakes up and sees what he really has.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

By seasons end we saw over 50% roster turnover, and we were slow to get going (1-3). If we can pick-up where we left off, we should really be something to talk about. Losing to the Jags stings, but besides that loss Mularkey did a heck of a job turning things around.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Saw a tweet somewhere, that before week 17, Titans were tied with the Cowgirls for biggest turnaround (in wins), with +5 from last season.
    It's +6 now and the Cowgirls lost.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

My reflection on this year. We badly need to get away from these bargain basement deals for rejected veteran undersized cornerbacks.

Other than that it was a fun ride while it lasted. This team made huge strides this year. Still until we scheme a better passing attack and get guys that can create consistent separation i dont see us improving much on offense. However our future is always bright with Mariota.

5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

That slow start seemed a continual problem all year. Too many slow starts in each ndividual game. Next year if Mularkey and co. can avoid spotting opponents 10/14/17/21 points early in the games, I have to imagine the win total goes up.

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'm hoping we can get some paragraphs in free agency or the draft.

• LOL LOL x 3
  7. XO

XO Nevada Native

8. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

A team that only plays well in the spotlight or against name teams has a maturity problem. Have to be more motivated to win division games, even though it's certainly not as entertaining. Mularkey must work on this above everything else.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  9. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

losing to the jags was a defining moment. The moment defined us as the same old titans. That game showed me that wr haven't gotten over the hump and that our coaching staff isn't going to cut it.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Team made huge strides, no reason to think that won't continue even with the loss to the Jags

Don't forget all the good that was achieved. Winning at home more often than not, asserting dominance by establishing the run, blocking elite pass rushers to allow Mariota to develop....

With a revamped secondary this team is going places next season

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar