Refs missed a call? in our game vs pitt

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HoustonTitan, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoustonTitan

HoustonTitan Starter

it was the second time the steelers were put into 3rd down on their opening drive. #84 catches what seems to be a first down from a scrambling big ben...

however, as the play starts mc courty gives 84 a good shove, and he steps out of bounds for a couple of steps...

he proceeds back inbounds and catches the ball... i'm fairly sure this is an illegal play that was not called by anyone, maybe they have changed the rules and i just never knew... or maybe im just making **** up in my head...

9:15 mark...

what do you think

2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I saw it when it happened ... I was screaming at the TV "he was out of bounds!!!"

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yeaa I see it too now that you point it out. Oh well we won.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I was upset with this at the time, but my friend who played college ball swore up and down that if you're forced out like that, you can still come back in and make the play.

5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

If that were the case, don't gunners on punts get flagged if they go out of bounds whether intentional or not, and they are the first ones to touch the ball?

Same thing.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If pushed out, I think he has the ability to re-establish himself on the field and make the reception. If he voluntarily goes out, or steps out by accident, he doesn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar