Reggie Bush tapes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by User Name, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User Name

User Name Hot Dog Water

If found guilty does he still lose the Heismen to Vince?

2. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

That's one option, they could also choose to simply not have a Heisman winner from 2005/2006, but since they've got a good choice in Vince I don't think they'd do that.

3. MattPan25

MattPan25 Guest

the hole thing is stupid to take these records away. ik he did whatever wrong but it has nothing to do with how he played. we dont need a bunch of holes in college football history. they prob would just not give it to anyone.

4. Nine

Nine Starter

Call me crazy, but when I hear that these tapes "might" exist, I get the impression that nobody has actually seen these tapes, nor does anyone of consequence have said tapes in his/her possession.

Essentially, what we're talking about is a rumor of recordings that may or may not exist. And of course, ESPN spins the rumor and splashes it across the headlines in the name of getting a scoop.

If it's true, they pat themselves on the back for being such a wonderful, cutting edge news outlet, and keeping their readers up-to-date with the latest breaking news. Enquiring minds want to know, right?

If, OTOH, this rumor is revealed to be patently false, then ESPN washes their hands of the matter, saying that they were only reporting the information as it was given to them by "a source". Meanwhile, Reggie Bush's reputation grows a bit more tarnished by the controversy over these nonexistent tapes, and ESPN finds a new target for their next character assassination.

It's not like ESPN is the only media outlet to do this...if anything, it's the nature of the business these days. I just find it sad when rumor and innuendo becomes headline news with little or no sense of accountability.

5. maximus

maximus Starter

You have a point, but what do you say about ESPN's love affair with Reggie Bush

6. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Don't even try to make sense of NCAA rules in this area, Jeremy Bloom was banned from NCAA football because he got endorsments for his olympic skiing :rolleyes:

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Bush became a professional when he took the money. He didn't deserve to play. At very minimum there should be an empty spot. Let him explain to all his teammates how he screwed up all the work they put in. He knew what he was doing, and he wasn't afraid of the consequences. Unfortunately, his whole team has to suffer, but suffer they should. They won the wrong way. And I know this stuff just happens sometimes. And it snowballs, but at some point, someone made the decision to do the wrong thing, and that has consequences. What I hate most is that Bush is still denying everything. Things look bad for him. And he should have spit it all out from the get go. He's still trying to protect himself.

I have no problem with the record books filling in the holes with Vince and Oklahoma. While its not fun, and not even the new honorees liking it, the truth is they deserved it. Bush should not have been on the field.

Now, the records should be stripped, unless you want guys like Ray Lewis playing in the ncaa again, then let it go. The rules are there to protect the educational insitution, otherwise it would just be another version of the nfl. Which is pointless. The rules benefit everyone. The university does run like a buisness, and lines it's pockets off these players, however, that money is educational, and the school is providing the player an opportunity he wouldn't have otherwise. It is the system. The player does not have to abide by it. He can go straight to pro football.

8. Vince is the type of person who would hand the Hesiman right back to Bush, and say, Nah, yall keep it

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

perhaps, but if it were me, and I had given someone that much money, there'd be a paper trail

10. :yes:

I wouldn't want to win the Heismen that way...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar