Reggie For Titans After All?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanFan4Life, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

They'd want a 3rd for DD at least -- ahhh crap. We don't have one of those. He was drafted in the fourth, but I'm sure they'd want more for him.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

We need someone who can go through the tackles, but...

If we got Bush, I'd be happy with his moves. And "upon further review" (which means "actually" for those that missed it - probably most everyone), I'm not sure he can't effectively crash the tackles when necessary. He's still 200 lbs, and could probably go to 210 or so and be just as fast.

Frack it, if we miss Young, let's just take Bush then find a way to get LenDale White also. Problem solved (uhhh, once we get the line fixed, that is).

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

i saw it. :ha:

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

a BattleStar reference ?

5. Lumebray

Lumebray Virtus Et Honor

If we got bush, that would be very nice. However everybody believes the texans wouldnt miss out on him. with pick number 3 we could have bush, then the rest just draft an Offensive Line

6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Don't rule out Oakland trading up with the Texans. I can certainly see Al Davis deciding he needs Vince Young to go with his receivers and paying a king's ransom to make sure he gets him.

If that happens and Bush falls to us, teams like the Packers and the Jets will be beating down our door.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

You guys are cool.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Great avatar, Carpy. Looks Rockwellish.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well I am, Puck isn't

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

No young at number one...

I don't see young as the number one pick and i don't see anyone trading up to do that. The price is too high and while young is a fine prospect certainly worth maybe a 3rd pick he is not a carson palmer, peyton manning type prospect you take number one in the whole draft.

I don't see the texans getting rid of carr. A more likely scenario would be miami trading for that pick but not the texans trading carr for williams and picks. No way. The contract quoted by another poster @ 24.5M for three years is very reasonable for a veteran QB even if he is only an average player. That's $8M or so against the cap each year. Why trade carr if that is the case.

DD is a solid back but not the marshall faulk- barry sanders type player everyone thinks bush will be. I think the texans take bush because they think he is the best player in the draft. Bush is also incredibly young, he turns 21 in a few months where davis will be 26. That's a big difference when we are talking about the career of a runningback.

I think they will keep both backs for one year to gauge how bush does and to provide some insurance in case of injury. It also frees bush up to return kicks and punts and work full time in the passing game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar