Reggie Nelson vs. Michael Griffin

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Reggie Nelson is in danger of losing his starting safety position for the Jaguars (source). A bunch of people here went "huh?" when the Titans drafted Michael Griffin two spots ahead of where Nelson was picked, and now Griffin is on the verge of becoming the best safety in the league.

Just thought I'd point this out, so we can all take a moment and give MR his props for his first ever Titans draft pick. Of course, he then went on and drafted Chris Henry...

2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Nice

[/QUOTE] Of course, he then went on and drafted Chris Henry...[/QUOTE]

Hey im not giving up on this guy yet, he has top notch speed, agility, and strength. He's like a buff chris johnson. All he needs is vision to find the whole.

3. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

MG = win.

RN = WGAF, he is a Jag.

CHen = I hope not FAIL.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'll admit I was in the Reggie Nelson camp, but I wasn't opposed to the griffin pick

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I wanted a receiver and have every year until this year... oh the irony.

I wanted Robert Meachem. Thank God I'm not our GM.

6. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

chris henry is not done yet. next year, when we dont resign lendale... watch the chris dynasty arise (henry and johnson)

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I must admit, I am a recovering Nelsoholic. It's nice to see someone point out the against the grain, yet brilliant in hindsight moves made by the front office at times.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Ok. I like Griffin and the pick, but he's not even the best safety on the TEAM, much less the league.
    He didn't do much of anything last year. Hopefully he has more impact this year.

annnd... I bashed Reggie Nelson the entire time leading up to the draft. Had forgotten all about him. His Deion Sanders tackling techniques must not be translating in the NFL. Who would have guessed?

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You honestly think Chris Hope is better?

Griffin is a top 5 safety.

10. STW Chris

STW Chris Starter

Chris Hope is a better safety, he's a much stronger tackler and a harder hitter. He still has the vision to get the picks like Griffin.

Griffin however is much faster and I'd say has more awareness than Hope, however Griffin is much younger and has time on his side to improve.

I'm just glad we have both of them on our team :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar