Reggie Nelson vs. Michael Griffin

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The thing that makes me the most excited is how good our secondary is overall. I think it would be generally accepted that Hope and Griffen would both be considered top ten NFL Safeties, and how many teams have that? I think that they work well together, and I think it helps them to have Finnegan as another truly elite (top 5 NFL) DB. Harper is the weak link, but he's a pretty strong weak link. Hopefully one of the young CBs can learn enough this season to take over the other CB spot by next season. However, I think our secondary is continuing to improve after finally spending significant time working together in the same group. Two straight seasons with 100% of the same starters (in the secondary) is good.

2. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

Are you kidding? Ed Reed was a major factor in the playoff game against us...

[​IMG]

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm talking about big plays, not dirty plays. Thanks for posting that picture though... I haven't actually seen this before.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Quotes like this amaze me. Griff was 2nd in the NFL (tied with Woodson, Polamalu and Nick Collins) in interceptions. His stats were comparable to Polamalu, a future HOF S. The only reason Griff isn't an automatic all pro every year is because he plays in the same conference as two HOFer S. No, he is not Ed Reed. But there have been very few in NFL history to equal that guy.

I guess to make some people happy a S has to be the best of the best in the history of the NFL. Pretty high bar to reach for I say. Bottom line is Griff was a stud last year.

Also, Hope had a solid year last year but not as good as Griff.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He blocked a punt and returned it for a TD in the 2003 season when we lost by a point.

Also had an INT in the playoff game in Baltimore we won.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Bob Sanders= a smaller Roy Williams. I've been to tons of Colts games, and I really don't feel all of the hype about him. The best thing you can say about him is that "The Colts defense plays much better when he's there"
    Then make him the DB coach, because there really isn't anything that special about him, regardless of Defensive MVPs and Pro Bowls, which are purely popularity competitions. I'd rather have Either of our safeties who play just as hard and play 90-100 percent of the games than the tiny guy who makes an impressive hit every now and then, then sits out 2 games.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Again with the interceptions thing??

His passes defended weren't too high. Most his picks were balls thrown to the middle of nowhere or tipped by another player. As far as tackling and all goes- yes, he was invisible a lot last year.

Granted- we have a great D. So players fade. It's harder to get tackles when there are 10 guys out there that tackle well. But we rarely heard his name other than when he'd come up with an interception.
    Not that I'm complaining about that part- just saying. He hasn't been the best safety on our team lately- and Hope was coming off a huge neck injury also. He's outperforming Griffin in camp so far.

8. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

You mean like the one that he caught on his back?

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Not sure I remember. Speaking of safeties and ints on backs, I automatically think that lucky interception by Bob Sanders that one time on his back on the goal-line.

Gross.

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I concur.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar