Reggie Wayne not being retained by Colts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nickmsmith, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Last of the old Colts guard, done as a Colt. He was an outstanding player for a lot of years.

Being a former long-time Colts hater.. Wayne was the only player I always liked on the team.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea always liked Wayne, good guy and was great at his job.

3. nickmsmith

Better than Marvin Harrison in every way, IMO(although Harrison may beat him in some statistics) Harrison was solid, but Wayne was always impressive. That was some fun to watch football.

Plus, Harrison is a gun-toting maniac.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Yeah he had many great years and played the game right. Not much to dislike about that guy, even if he was a Colt.

5. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

I could see him going to Denver to end his career

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. JCBRAVE

He should hang em up. His play is noticeably less than it was, Id hate to see the guy ruin his legacy like Maurice Jones Drew did the last 3 years.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That was all sooooo out of left field. Seemed like such a nice, unassuming guy. Just goes to show you can't always just a book by its cover.

8. JCBRAVE

Yea he looks like a little dork, plays football like a beats, and will kill you in the parking lot.

9. nickmsmith

he was injured for the latter part of the season last year.. but you are correct that he did play much worse... but it may be worth it to try to rehab and give it one more go. If I were him, I'd retire, and get in the hall of fame one year earlier.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I wouldn't say MJD ruined his legacy. He was injured most of 2012. Had a decent season is 2013 despite being on one of the worst teams in the league. Last year was pretty much an embarrassment though. But I can't really blame him for wanting to give it one last run.

Despite my hatred of the Jagrags I've always loved MJD and his running style. Always thought he would've been a perfect fit here for the type of offense we wanted to run. Instead we were trying to play a clock control offense with an "all-or-nothing" home-run hitter. Never made much sense to me, but I digress.

It's a shame when a guy like MJD wastes his entire career on such awful teams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar