Regular Season game in London

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LazyManJackson, Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'm scared that I actually do know.

2. Bah, Northerners, they're living in another world...

If there is a team in England, then it should have been done in the early 80's when there was a lot of interest, ask a guy on the streets of London now what they fought of american footballers, he would say they're pussies, over-paid freaks of nature and they can't watch a game because it stops and starts all the time, to be honest, they've probably only watched 5 mins of a game ever...

That's why a game every few years could spark interest, and get the game to be become more popular, a ''worldwide'' sport...

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I guess we have 'Groundskeeper Willie' to thank for that.

Now where'd a put ma grease? :)

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UUWi_HhTW6s"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UUWi_HhTW6s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I'm surprised England is even considered a prime target for a game, clearly Germany is the bigger market, not to mention a better location from a strictly geographical standpoint (easier access for the rest of Europe compared to England).

6. It is, however, they're considering bidding for a game in 2009/10, for the U.K, next season is what we're going for...

7. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

I guess your just talking regular nfl games, not the whole sport regular season games.

"The name argument" is the most lame one i´ve heard of politics when talked them about me running a football team here, in stupid "one sport minded" Spain.
    No wonder why whe have the highest child obesity rate of the EU

8. I think England have the fattest kids by far Michi...

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

They're saying a team will play abroad once every sixteen years which would mean one location(where ever) that may be each year.

If they are looking to build on their fan base & revenue then you would think each location would need to get a game each year. Four locations would mean a team losing a home game every four years.

I can understand why home fans would be pissed. In all seriousness I would rather save up & go & experience a game with home fans & people I've met here than watch a game in my home country.

Sure I'd meet some fellow fans here but a large proportion of spectators would be new to the game & either drunk or asking 20 questions all the time.

I'm even on the waiting list for a PSL/season ticket :yes:

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I think so too, with Germany in a close second.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar