Regular Season game in London

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LazyManJackson, Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

They play a real sport over there....Rugby. Football wouldn't be a big deal.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

There is a reason the NFL wears helmets and giant shoulder pads.

Aussie Rules has the most violence of any form of football. I still wish someone would show more than highlites on US TV.

Rugby - you talking League or Union? Huge difference after all.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Aussie Rules isn't tough.

Union is tougher then Aussie Rules, I'd go as far to say from all the football codes the only 'softer' code is Soccer.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I said the most violence. Some of the collisions in Aussie rules are amazing. Those guys run up and jump off other guys gotta get way way above a basketball rim, then they come down elbows and knees first on whoever happens to be below them just to make a mark.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I wouldn't say it is the most violent either. Funnily enough going up for a mark and coming on who or whatever, you don't really feel it. Unless the ground is like concrete but that is more for local games.

Union scrums are crazy.

6. HA!, Aussie rules more violent than union, oh my...

Rugby is so much more intense and tougher, well Union is, League is more fast paced and you'll probably see more big hits in League more often, but Union has intense play at times, especially what happens in those scrums, a couple of weeks ago, a player kept stomping on one particular player, he kept on doing it, until finally the ref sent him off, they usually will only caution 1 or 2 players in a fight/ruck...

The big debate, Rugby or Football, which is the more violent and tougher sport, for me its rugby, I prefer football a hundred times more though...

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

As a foreigner to rugby I found Union confusing, especially at the local level. Kicking for position ect. - BORING

League I enjoyed on TV, ODIs were great, but Aussie Rules was the bomb. Go Carlton Blues

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

League is a much faster game played by working class men.

Union is very popular but the players are mainly private school silver spoon boys. When a game is played in the rain sometimes all you see is scrum after scrum in the middle of a mud bath with hardly any poiints scored.

Very touchy bottom game IMO.

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I have played both. I love rugby. It's non scripted unlike football. Anyone can run the ball and make decisions and the contact is incredible. It just doesn't translate well on TV because you are so used to seeing padded up players making the big hits. I can tell you, we had many ex football players come out for rugby and without pads, they couldn't adapt. Most were gone in two weeks.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

But what do you expect?

Being brought up on football all their life and then adapt to Rugby in a span of 2 weeks.
    It isn't easy. Not everyone can pick up on a game so quickly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar