Regular Season game in London

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LazyManJackson, Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

Did I said Palermo??? I meant Bergamo, i get confused with this italian names

The Eurobowl shoud be promoted in order for Football to become popular in Europe. Is a sort of a footballs champions league.

www.eurobowl.com

2. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

That is the key for football to become popular in europe... is that europeans play it.

Other way (better i think) is a campain for kids with flag football. you wont change the likes of grownups but you may get more open minded kids to become more familiar with this sport.

3. I think that more europeans playing the game will be great, instead of the Amercians dumping off their least favoured players onto the teams. It has worked for players like Kurt Warner, Jake Delhomme and Brad Johnson though

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I think a regular season game in Europe is idiotic. It basically screws the teams that have to go over, bye week or not, and one team is going to get scewed out of a home game.
    I guess the NFL could just pull the plug on $$ support which is what would happen if the NFL couldn't use Europe as a type of minor league. Even the few European players that do play have not shown they are good enough to play in the States anyway. With more European players the games would be of even a lower quality and thus would lose even more fan base, here and in Europe.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

You're wrong and you're right. At the moment the NFLE is nothing but smaller NFL established to develop American NFL players and entertain the American NFL fans that can't stand the off-season and military personnel stationed primarily in Germany (where incidently all the clubs are now, exept for Amsterdam). I would bet there's more interest for the NFLE in America than there is in Europe.

The biggest reason the NFLE isn't popular in Europe, and trust me it isn't, is that it's all American's playing and they're only there for a year or maybe 2. It's hard to root for a team that changes completly from year to year.

To compete with soccer, handball, hockey and what have you, where there's a good mix of foreigners and national players on the teams, the NFLE would have to go the same way or you have to make it a concurrent league to the NFL with the same contracts, drafts etc.

But honestly NFLE is not the future of football in Europe, the national leagues and EFAF are.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I would probably watch nfl europe if they directly respresented their nfl counterparts. I don't think it would affect attendance in europe either. For example, if it were the London Titans... I think the nfl channel would pick it up. I would watch. And the euro fans would be closely linked to the nfl teams over here. So our teams would have a larger fan base. Then you could have regular season games over there too. I don't see the drawback other than fans over there have bought into the logos and teams. But fans aren't likely to drop their allegiance over a name change or logo change. At least not all of them. The fans over there are used to such tie in's with soccer too, I think it would work all the way around.

7. #1TitansFan

#1TitansFan Camp Fodder

That is exactly what I was thinking. The NFL is supposed to be evenly matched with 8 home games and 8 away games. If you move one game over to Europe or any other country than the teams would basically playing on a neutral field. And also, what would the fans that have season tickets do, unless the NFL will pay them a flight to where their team is playing. I think it's a bad idea to put a regular season game in another country. I can see maybe a preseason game.

8. It would be nice too see a game at Wembely though, I'm sure that the owners will pay all the season ticket hodlers their money back for that game,although it would be better to put them on a plane to Londo to watch the game

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

You would win that bet.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

This idea^ is far too utopian. Screw a bunch of migration. But still, representation is nice. What would be cool is to think of all 32 teams in the context of pre-realingment divisions... ie east, west, and cenrtal NFC/AFC...
    just put odd balls in the logical place and do what you want with Seattle. Then you can funnel all of the allocated players from a division onto one particular team... this might really hurt the balance of the teams, almost randomly though, but it at least gives it a AA farm team flavor...6 teams six divisions...and if they put a team in London and Scotland again their could be eight teams. That could be a team for each division. Still, regular season football should be played in the United States. I firmly agree with Soxcat on this.

I'm still all for preseason exhibition games being played abroad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar