Regular Season game in London

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LazyManJackson, Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Questions:
    1.Do you want a game played at Wembely
    2.Preseason, Exhibition or Regular Season
    3.What teams will give up a home game
    4.Will the NFL increase in popularity across England and Europe if the game is played
    5.Do you think NFL Europe teams should have more European players than American players

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

1. No
    2. None
    3. None
    4. Who Cares
    5. Who Cares

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

LazyManJackson, would putting a MLS game in Wembely make soccer any more popular in the United States?

4. If 70-90000 fans turned up to watch the MLS in Wembely then yes. However, i don't think MLS is that popular with Brits, I only see 60 minute highlights of the MLS each week so i don't know how much talent there is with soccer in the US. If FOX/CBS/NBC/ABC/ESPN showed the game to the US, then yes it will atract attention

5. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

The lack of interest is the directly linked to the lack of opportunities. Why the **** care for a sport we have no chance in taking part in? I'm into the sport yea, but the NFLe is a league to test the BAD NFL. Not to test the europeans, etc. - which is what it should be for. Integrating nations.

6. Exactly, Spot on my son

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Stupid, stupid, stupid idea. Same as it would be playing a regular season game in Australia.

1 game is not going to convert a heap of fans, and in any instance the NFL's merchandising approach and access to DVD/Video copies of games shows how serious they really are about promoting the NFL worldwide (i.e. not at all.)

It's american football. Flood the TV market all you want - it's probably your best chance of attracting fans anyway - but don't kill the goose that laid the golden egg. A team's fans in the USA don't deserve this.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Wrong. Americans don't care about a bunch of Brittish soccer hooligans showing up to watch Major League Soccer in Brittan. People in the United States for the most part don't give a damn about MLS. WNBA is more popular than MLS and both leagues are behind minor league baseball farm clubs for Pete's sake. MLS gets even less attention than AFL, which is shaky in poularity anyways. Americans for the most part don't even seem to give a crap about the World Cup either. By the way, in my area MLS gets no coverage whatsoever. The biggest problem with NFLE is that the coverage in the US is so spotty.

9. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

SEC I disagree. The Americans seem to be what I'd refer to as Glory Supporters. They care when they win. If they get to the world cup final- you can bet 100 dollars a lot of americans'll be talking about it. I get it now because the USA is higher than England on the FIFA rankings.. so don't gimme that ****.

10. The FIFA Rankings is a load of nonsense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar