Regular-season pressure prepared Colts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

<em>Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky</em> <p>The Colts have pretty much been in playoff mode since Oct. 27, when they dropped a Monday night game in Nashville and fell to 3-4.</p> <p>Tony Dungy talked of the need to go on a streak and the team was conscious that five losses might be too many to get into the playoffs.</p> <p>They haven't lost since.</p> <p>That sort of pressure in the regular season forges a mentality the team hopes will pay off in the sudden death playoffs.</p> <p>"It really has been that way since Week 8, and the guys have done a good job of it," Dungy said. "A lot of the games have developed differently, and we've found ways to win them. We've won in tough venues. It's going to be tougher in the playoffs. It's always harder to go back, so we have to understand that. The second time around will be tougher, but I like the way it's developed."</p> <p>Indianapolis reporters asked Dungy if this was his toughest run to the playoffs in his 10 straight with the Buccaneers and Colts.</p> <p>"We dug ourselves a hole, so it feels that way when you're at Week 8 and every game feels like a must-win game," he said. "You don't feel like we can lose one and be OK, so I think that grind of having to win seven or eight in a row to stay in the race maybe made it feel that way, but every year is tough. Maybe I'll look back with hindsight and think it's a little tougher. What we've had the last couple of years where you have four games left and you're in the playoffs, that's always a little more relaxing. But it's been rewarding, I'll say that."</p>

More...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar