Reilly a fan of Collins' accountability

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Just finished talking to Kerry Collins for a piece of a column that will appear here tomorrow.

His Wednesday press session is getting longer and longer, with more and more people at the meat of it, and more of us lingering for a question or two after the crowd dissipates. As the quarterback of the league's lone undefeated team, Collins is not getting impatient or annoyed. He's engaging and helpful.

That's one reason to like him. His refreshing accountability is another.

So if you haven't seen the latest "Life of Reilly," check it out.

More...

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Kerry is one of the best stories in the NFL this season and he is not getting the attention and praise that he deserves. Nice to see a bit of it here.

Of course this is the usual Reilly fluff-fest, but there are a few good points. This one stood out.

But in front of the world? "As an NFL QB, my life is already so public I just do it. When I was younger, I ran from it, the limelight. I actually think that was half the reason I drank. I was escaping. I didn't know how to handle it."

Here's the irony: Collins is the Titans' starter—and an unlikely MVP candidate, at 35—because the kid he replaced doesn't know how to handle it yet. Vince Young melted down in the second week of the season. There was talk of guns, confusion and suicide. Even his mother said her boy was "hurting inside and out."

And yet sitting at the next locker was a man who once made Britney Spears look Amish. Still, Young has never asked Collins to help him.

Man. I don't think the parallel had been completely clear to me until I read that.

The Collins/Vince/??? decision that will have to be made this offseason is going to be HUGE for this franchise.

3. TitanicDane

TitanicDane Boozer extraordinaire

Vince is gonna get another shot at starting for the Titans I'm sure (maybe in a season, maybe later). What he makes of that opportunity will be fun to watch.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

VY won't, can't, go anywhere for CAP reasons if nothing else. I think kfc stays with Tennessee for just a few $$$$ more.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I hope so. Vince hasn't done anything in the last year to earn the job back, even if Collins signs somewhere else. I will seriously be rooting for Simms if this happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar