Reinfeldt Comments on the Upcoming Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by goTitans.com, Apr 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

We'll have to wait for sunday for that...I'm hopeful that I WON'T have to do anymore MR bashing, but he's pretty incompetant as a general manager, IMO.

2. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I still want to know what you would have done than MR hasn't? And don't be vague about it either. Don't say that you "would have added depth to the DL, and brought in a WR." Do some research, come back to the board, and post EXACTLY what you would have done. Tell us about the ridiculous contract(s) that you would have given Bernard Berrian, and/or Justin Smith, only to watch Roos, Stewart, and Albert sign nice contracts elsewhere in March '09 because all of your money was given to two schmucks like Berrian and Smith. That goes for anyone else who feels that they would have this team in a better position right now than MR does. Cue: Gloat, bigtitan. It should be interesting to say the least.

If you're going to criticize last year's draft, please take into account that Jeff probably has the final say in who gets drafted.

:pop:

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

if Jonathan Stewart is there @ 24 and Mike skips him = :irked:
    if Chris Johnson is there @ 54 and Mike skips him = :grrr:

4. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Thanks for putting to words what I have been feeling after reading some of the threads today. Some of these posters just dont get it.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

So let me get this right. MR said we want speed and playmakers on offense, something that any moron could figure out and he really was "smoke screening" so teams behind us would trade up to get all those playmakers thus freeing up the defensive stud we really want. Right.

Bottom line is teams keep the guys they really covet a secret and obviously they don't want other teams to know how they rank potential draftees. However, they don't act like fools expecting other teams to believe them.

I did hear that last year MR made negative comments about Chris Henry just to make sure nobody grabbed him before our pick....right.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Chris Henry and Paul Williams. That should say it all right there. MR's whole philosophy is to let good players walk and not pay them (only pay core studs) and to build through the draft. I love the strategy except you have to draft well for it to work. MR hasn't contributed much of anything to the talent on the Titans right now (Crumpler-Kearse-Griffin). You can clap and applaud how wonderful he is for letting guys go and no over spending but we better not have 2 of the 3 picks in the first three rounds be duds again.

Let me use this example. MR has to draft a DE who can basically fill Odom's shoes. He signed Kearse to fill Laboy's shoes. Can he do that? MR needs to find "speed" and "playmakers". Can he do that in this draft? The jury is still out but why are the biggest needs on the team right now RB and WR when we used a 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks at those positions last year?

7. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

I totally agree Puck, at least with Stewart. We would be fools to pass him up. The guy is an amazing athlete and a fabulous running back. I have watched him a lot. Great power and speed combo with excellent vision. He can also catch. Not sure about Chris Johnson, but only because I don't know enough about him.

Damn I want Stewart on this team. Not sure it will happen.

8. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

You make good points Soxcat. But just to be fair, we don't know how Williams or Henry will work out. So far we haven't gotten much out of them but this will only be there second year. If they make significant improvement we could be very happy with them. Needs at RB and WR are need now because we are still uncertain how last years draft will turn out.

In this, "lets evaluate MR" conversation, the one things that needs to be pointed out is that it is way to early to have the conversation. We just don't know how things will turn out regarding the decisions that he has made in the last year. If we go deep in the playoffs this next year and maybe make as Super Bowl or AFC Champ game in the next three years then we can likely say he did a good job. If we go in the take then we can say he made bad choices. But what can we really say fairly after one season and one and a half off seasons?

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

My god man, have you heard.... cap hell was like 3 seasons ago. It's over. We could've signed both Berrian and Smith AND had $$$ to sign Roos, Stewart, and Albert.

But it's cool, go ahead and use cap hell as an excuse for the front office not making one high dollar signing the last two offseasons.

Here ya go: Asante Samuel. Alan Faneca. Two signings that would've made this team instantly better.

But it's cool- go ahead and cry about how broke we would be.

Truth is, I don't even really want to go off about it- cause I'm optimistic I will feel better after tommorow. But if we draft a TE and OLB in the first two rounds like a lot of people seem to want, then I am going to be one pissed off Titans fan.

10. TitanTeam

TitanTeam Guest

One player we might not be able to ignore with that pick is kenny phillips the safety out of miami. Are you kidding me i can thank of 100 guys i would take before i take a safety in the frist round. And if we take cason in the 1st rd MR should be Fired.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar