Remaining FA Wide Recievers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alpha-Centuri, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

He had one very good year in SF then got a big contract from Washington where he's done nothing the past two years, 25 catches over two seasons isn't worth much. I might take him if he came at the vet minimum, but he really isn't an upgrade.

2. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

Lloyd has been a bust for a while, but tell you the truth, we only have what, 7 wrs currently at the moment?

R.Williams, P.Williams, M.Williams, Gage, Jones, Davis, Ealy

In another thread, i've said that the only 4 I think are safe are

P.Williams due to being a fairly high draft pick last year.
    R.Williams because he actually produced.
    Gage no explanation needed
    B. Jones simply because he is cheap and has another year left on the contract.

Give Ealy, Davis, and M. Williams more competition to compete for 2 spots.

The whole thing is, are we going to get him on the low-low side. If he wants even 2 mill a year, that is too much. Gotta love incentive laden contracts. :greedy:

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If you put a top 3 round draft pick at WR(let's say E. Bennett), Hackett, and R. Williams, Gage. That's a pretty good top 4.

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Put Hardy there and it looks amazing.

5. ShamH85

ShamH85 Practice Squad

Poor Chris Davis deserves a spot if he works on protecting the ball. If we cut him he will sign with the colts like Courtney Roby.

6. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

thing is, you can say that for anybody who doesn't catch the ball well... Let them work on protecting the ball. Its alot easier said then done, and frankly, at this point he doesn't deserve a spot on the team. Its not like I'm saying he should be cut, just saying competition at the position is alot better then giving the spot to a sub-par (currently) player simply because he is already here.

7. smili

smili Starter

Just had a comment on WR speed. I'd rather us draft a receiver than a fast guy who we think can turn into a wideout. We've tended to draft speed in the past without enough consideration of receiving skills imho. (we've tended to do this not just at WR, but it's obvious at WR).

8. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

I'd second that, but how bout we draft Jackson, who not only has recieving skills, but is speed also :))

9. scottieboy97

scottieboy97 Guest

dont expect us to cut chris davis any time soon

he had a rough year last year, but so do many other ROOKIES. come on guys, it was his first year in the league.. dont expect him to be a superstar right off the bat. most wideouts take a couple years to develop (unless you're marques colston or dwayne bowe). he is a speedy reciever who can also help in special teams... which is needed figuring we may never see pacman again.

also, even if he is a bust, the titans will still keep him for 3-4 years(woolfolk, calico, etc.)

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Davis is a fourth-round pick. Much less invested.

But I do think he'll be fine if he makes the usual jump we see most rookies have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar