Remember Myron Rolle?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

He was pretty good in College. My cousin thought we had a steal when we got him in the 6th. Shame.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Rolle made, or more realistically was forced into, the right decision. When he was drafted I assumed he wouldn't be around long. Why risk the chance of injury being a special teams guy and MAYBE earn a shot at being a starter when you have such opportunities elsewhere.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I know you are trying to be 'cute' but this is a legitimate thread that is interesting. You should probably stop being such an ass.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Part that bothered me was the terrible look of the way the locker room was. Star player treatment... Powerless Coaches. Fishers "y'all figure it out" approach... Woe. Very glad that dude is gone. I sure hope the new staff is trying to implement a more team based entity.

5. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

I don't think he was that good, but him being very smart and a rhodes scholar gave him a lot more attention.

That lady is right though, there are plenty of football players. The world really does need someone like him doing what he is doing now.

6. amy

amy Starter

Maybe he never had a coach when he was here. Too many people think that the player is developed to his potential when he gets to the pros. They don't understand that more coaching is needed, and neither Fisher nor Munchak had coaches. Or maybe it was the Universe telling him he was needed elsewhere.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm not going to question whether or not he was as dedicated to the game as he needed to be but, according to my eye, was slow and never seem to improve.

We see very gifted athletes who don't have the mental capacities to succeed in the NFL. Rolle was the opposite. No doubt he could grasp the nuances of the game but he didn't have the tools.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Honestly, I think if he weren't a rhodes scholar- not many NFL fans would know his name.

That helped him more than hurt him.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar