Remember that article about Kenny Britt?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The one where he said "It's not hard. "You catch three, four balls a game, 16 games, that's 60 catches. Average 15 yards a catch, that's right around 1,000 yards."?

At the time I loved how confident he was that he could do this on the NFL level, but after seeing him prove it in the first NFL game of his career... I actually believe him.

The Steelers had the #1 defense in the nation last year, and Britt made it look effortless. It didn't seem like we were forcing the ball his way, he just casually ended up with 85 yards receiving.

Let's hope he can stay healthy and be even better for the rest of the season.

The article: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2009/04/19/2009-04-19_meet_mister_.html

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I was thinking about that same article myself. Rookie of the Year in the making.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I never saw the article but I wanted Britt and was glad we got him. I just think he's going to be the best receiver in this draft.

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

He ran some bad routes, and he honestly should have broken up that INT by Troy P. However, he also made some fantastic sideline grabs, and he he proved he's a game breaker with that long catch and run (even if it was a blown coverage). He's gonna be a keeper.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm kind of amazed at the personality description in there, haven't really seen that at all since he signed. He's been quiet.

6. Deuce Wayne

Bad routes? Huh? The only one to complain about where where he didnt come back to the ball quickly and waited on it. No biggie.

And breaking up that int? Troy P caught that thing with 1 hand AFTER Britt shoved him. Not much he could do since he was coming back to the ball anyway. Just a great catch by TP.

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

That was basically offensive interference too on that shove. My point was that he shouldn't have shoved him and fought for the ball in the air, thus not allowing the circus grab. I agree that it was basically just a superb play by an All-Pro player, but I think he could have done more potentially.

8. Deuce Wayne

It was offensive PI (not called). Again, not much else to do with a guy in front of you, especially when the ball is that high and you're trying to come back to it.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Collins threw that pass short, and yes Britt should have came back to the ball, but that's a TD versus most other safeties. Just not Troy, and his bubble gum fingers. Did anyone notice if Justin Timberlake was there?

10. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Yep. I'm putting that INT 100% on Collins' shoulders. Britt was in front of Polamalu and even at the last second or two, Troy took his eyes off Britt and looked back at KC. Had KC put some more air under that, Britt would have been in the end zone with that pass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar