Remember the days when!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by stillmatic23, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stillmatic23

stillmatic23 Guest

T.O also had 3 broken fingers didnt he???

dont even compare bennett to terrell owens. Bennett had one good season for us and that was 2004. go to nfl.com and look at his stats, there was nothin special about him. He only had 3 td's last year and 600 somethin yards...........thats horrible numbers for a so called number one reciever. :ha:

2. stillmatic23

stillmatic23 Guest

Not to mention terrell owens had 13 tds and 1000 somethin yards. so comparin him to bennett is crazy.

3. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

I never once compared Bennett to Owens. I simply was making the point that all WR, even the best ones drop passes.

4. stillmatic23

stillmatic23 Guest

Yes you did to lol. i was talkin about drew bennett then you said t.o also droppes some passes. I like drew bennett but he shouldnt ever be in the same sentence as t.o. T.o actually produced despite all his drops.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

doesn't change the fact Bennett is overrated.

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

:werd:

7. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

:wack:

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

He also led the league in dropped passes. Some were dropped that hit him right in the hands in stride. It happens to ALL receivers. Bennett was our leading receiver, and it's hardly his fault we have no passing attack, or another veteran receiver to take pressure off of him. Teams knew pretty quick if you shut down Bennett it killed our passing game. Drew had 46 receptions, for 737 yards, compared to TO that had 85 receptions for 1180 yards. Both receivers accounted for around 25% of their teams passing offense. The Titans ranked 30th in passing....not exactly the way to put up great stats, or make valid comparisons.

9. stillmatic23

stillmatic23 Guest

I dont care!! It dont take away the fact that bennett droped easy catches.....................................

AND TERRELL OWENS HAD 2 BROKEN FINGERS :grrhee: , drew bennett didnt and he still dropped a million balls. Maybe our passer rating was down because our receivers dropped most of the passes!!!! and dont feed me that crap about him not having another receiver to take the pressure off him lol. all that means is drew bennett is a second or 3rd receiver because he wasnt takin the pressure off anybody else.

AND PEOPLE TRY TO SHUT TERRELL OWENS DOWN MORE WITH DOUBLE AND TRIPLE TEAMS........BUT GUESS WHAT!! HE STILL HAD 13 TD'S AND 1000 SOMETHIN YARDS.....

10. It doesn't change the fact that TO (regardless of the drops and insanity) is one of the elite WRs in the NFL while Bennett is an average #2 WR by NFL standards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar