Remember when....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dontdraftcutler, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Did I have a blackout? Am I living in a parallel (sp) universe? I swear I've seen this EXACT thread before. I mean from GoT having to explain SGWB, to the holes in the defense to references to BB and the Freak...

I'm not searching for it, but I swear I'm having a wicked case of deja vu' (and not the good kind, with 1000 beautiful women and 3 ugly ones)

2. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

What?

What do you mean? Explain your comment about skewed stats.

3. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

I love Greg Williams, and I think he was a better D.C. than Schwartz, but to say the good years that our defense has had under J.S. were all because of Williams' philosophy and the bad years were all Schwartz's fault is insane. Do you think Williams could have had our defense at the top of the league either of the last two years?

4. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

No, I'm not saying that at all. I just think the 'attitude' of our defense for the first couple of seasons under Schwartz was a reflection of Williams. I don't think Williams would have had a top defense if he were our DC last year, but I DO think we would have been much more aggressive and at least given our D a chance at changing some games. Schwartz is just too finesse for me. It works in some places, I just prefer a bad *** mean defense that will punish people.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I can't wait for GoT to wake up and take a visit to this thread.

6. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

I think that is as much a reflection of our players as of the coaching style. Most of the guys on our defense now are so young that they don't have time to be mean, they are just trying to figure out what their assignment is for the next play. I will grant you this though, if the defense doesn't show marked improvement this year, with the recent experienced additions, then I will be the first to lay the blame at the coaching staff's feet.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Year Points Allowed
    2000 191
    2001 388
    2002 324
    2003 324
    2004 439
    2005 421

If you can idnetify the season Williams left as DC from this list then quite simply you should understand why MbSGWB is such a soul crushing disaster as DC - dehr Schwartzie is the anchor that is dragging the franchise towards the bottom of the NFL in D.

in 2002 and 2003 the Titans managed to win DESPITE MbSGWb being DC. Truly a testemant to McMVP and EG.

8. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

GoT: Where are you getting your stats? I'm just curious because I haven't been able to find anywhere to get team stats that are very detailed or go back very far. Thanks.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Da Schwartz is not with us, he's ON us!

This is one of those calls I got right. I've been saying for a few years this guy was a dud...OK, a below avg DC and still some people don't believe it!

Amazing!

NO DC could have put us at #1 D the last 2 years, but Gregg Williams would have put us MUCH higher up. Case in point, 2 years ago Williams had LESS to work with on Washington and there D was the ONLY reason they were in games. He took guys I'VE never even heard of and got them to produce. The flip side is, we have a lot of talent on this D and what are we getting for it?

Not much!!!

Give me a good reason to say Schwartz is a good DC and I have 5 to show you why he's NOT!

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar