Reminder: State of the Franchise Today

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNThunder, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

well said ^^

2. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

Do you guys relly like listening to VY??? I mean he's great on the field but I find his interviews unbearable.

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Well, that was quite a rant, considering I had no problem with letting Drew go for the kind of money he is going to make. We will miss him, but need the money in other places. Same deal with Wade.

Regarding defense, I am just voicing concerns we have not done (or been able to) fix the defensive line. Why don't you mature up and realize that observations aren't "whining". I don't think one person on this board would disagree that we need to fix this problem. I have not said we did anything wrong in free agency, I am just concerned that not one stud has showed his head where we could even make an offer. We are not going to get better on D until this is addressed, in whatever form the front office decides, but a draft pick rarely is able to come in his first year and make a difference. Even Mario Williams didn't impress. We have problems, and as of today, they have NOT been fixed. End of statement.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

TNThunder- I thought the same thing listening to Bulluck. He was wincing, shrugging his shoulders and his eyes were looking down. I kind of feel bad for him. I'm sure he would like to be on a SB contender team.

He did mention the "R" word with a despondent tone. I hope our D can get some mojo this year.

5. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Thanks, glad you perceived it the same way I did.

6. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Sorry, my post wasn't directed solely at you and if you took it that way I should've written it to where it sounded like it was directed towards our fellow posters as well. I understand you and others are voicing said concerns over the defensive line, but my point was there wasn't really anyone worth bringing in from the FA class that would justify the money they would get. The only one who might have been worth it was Kevin Carter and as I said regarding him he got overpaid by the first team he visited, the Bucs. That's my opinion, but what's yours? Who would you have proposed to bring in to "fix" our poorous Dline efficiently?

As for the offensive side of my argument, I'm tired and I'm sure others are too of the emaculate posts upon posts and threads upon threads whinning to some degree for a #1 reciever. It's just not going to happen through the FA. The FA class was weak as I pointed out and held no one better than what we lost. Stallworth maybe, but he's on his last leg (or hammy as I should say :grrhee: ). This offense, as someone earlier stated in a post, is a running the ball minded offense. With a QB like VY and what he can do, there really isn't a "need" right now for a #1 and as young as he is, we're better off getting him a said #1 through the draft. Someone who can develope along with him. That's what Marvin and Manning did, and well...we know how that went. Also, this doesn't mean that #1 has to be taken in the first round either.

Finally, I don't percieve every post as whinning. I respect the opinions of others. However, my rant may have come across a bit harsh. Sorry, ranting aint easy. Also, I was very "mature" in my rant, but maybe the perception of others took it differently. Anyways, back to the team. It's obvious that Mike Reinfeldt is not going for the quick fix, win now mentallity. He's going the long and hard way. Which, IMO, is the best way to go. Only that way will we return to where we once were. It's been said you can't go the easy way out of things, because you'll wind up right back where you were. It's only when you go the long and hard way through something you actually achieve what you want to and are able to relish in it. Maybe that's a little to long for Mr. Bulluck and my suggestion is if he has a problem with what's good for the whole of the team/organization, he can pack his things and go elsewhere.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I admit I did not see the "State of the Titans".

I definately don't want us to lose Bulluck. But, I am very tired of him being the "spokesman" for our team or D.

Bulluck is a very good OLB. I have seen no evidence that he is much of a leader.

Most good leaders, lead by example.

Complaining, moaning, looking distraught, these aren't characteristics of good leadership.

And, of course, Bulluck has no obligation to be a team "leader".

I think the Titans do need a true leader on the D side of the ball.

And, I hope Bulluck is able to retire a Titan.

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

We really haven't had a "leader" on this team since Eddie George. And I agree...with Bulluck being a senior member, it would be his role to step up, but he hasn't, on or off the field. It may be pure frustration, I don't know...but it's not fun to watch. He should learn to fake it like Fisher does.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

2002 Bulluck was 3 years in his career and was a BA on the field. I think he signed a 6 year deal on '03 just prior to the crump years of 04, 05 and first half of 06. He saw a "yard sale" on what few play-makers we had those years. He is seeing the FO stiffen up toward Pac, the best defensive player we've had since Kearse left.

I'm sure Bulluck is wondering if he'll still have it when the Titans are back in the hunt, now that MR appears to be guiding the team like it is year one of re-building. I don't blame him for being "uncertain" as he mentioned in the interview.

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

You can only do so much when there isn't talent to be had. We really haven't passed on one DE I would like to see signed. The market is pretty bad. It appears we are going to address it with the draft, which is going to mean more development time. It took us several 8-8 seaons before we put it all together, I see the same thing happening again. Definately have to get into the "long term thinking" mode for a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar