Replacement officials called ‘The Three Stooges’

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Game officials misidentified at least three Titans during Thursday’s game against the Cardinals, calling penalties on players that weren’t even on the field.

Back-to-back holding penalties were called as the Titans kicked field goals in the fourth quarter, as there was a lack of communication between the officials and the coaching staffs. At the end of the first half, coach Mike Munchak said there was “confusion” on the number of timeouts the Cardinals had remaining.

So it was no surprise that the Titans thought the replacement officials had a bad night. As the game ended, Titans defensive coordinator Jerry Gray was seen yelling at one of the officials on the sideline before referencing “The Three Stooges.”

“There were a few things,’’ Munchak said later. “I think they just got a little sloppy at the end. It seemed like nothing was called most of the game and then all of a sudden there’s a lot of calls. At the end of the game there was a little confusion on was the last ball complete or incomplete. It’s things like that that were frustrating but we want them in so hopefully that’s something they will continue to clean up.”

Source: Titans Insider

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The back-to-back Thompson holds were especially strange. I didn't think the game would ever end.

3. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Alot of people are going to be PO'd if this stuff keeps on happening during the regular season. NFL needs to watch out for these refs safety eventually. I have a feeling beer bottles (good thing they are plastic) could possibly be thrown if they get a bad call that results in a team to lose a divisional game.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Just pay the damn refs.

They've shown they're worth it. Can't deal with this garbage in the regular season.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. amy

amy Starter

This just shows how difficult it is to learn the NFL rule book and then to implement it on the field. And these refs, for the most part, are older and so don't learn as fast(I know this because I'm old and slow!) The best thing for the NFL to do is to settle the impasse with the refs before the season starts. But alas, we are dealing with unrelenting greed on the part of the obscenely rich, so whether they will part with a small portion of their immense fortunes is questionable.

6. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

on that last play hail mary catch... some of the refs called it in.... how in the world do you call that in.. it was clearly overthrown and i could even see that it was over on a small computer playing in low resolution...
    just pay the refs... we may complain about their calls in the regular season.. but at least we're going to be complaining a lot less

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

When these fake refs took over I figured zebras are zebras, how different can they be... But having seen over 20 games this preseason, I've concluded these aren't zebras at all, they're jackasses.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You know it's going well when the head ref started a call "Offside...*laughs*...False Start"

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Anybody catch Jay Cutler going nuts on the refs, telling them their job is to protect him, hes the QB? I laughed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar