Replacing CJ With A Physical RB Could Be What The Offense Needs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

CJ running the ball for minus 5,minus 12 or minus 16 yards while he dances or runs backward is what's wrong with this offense.

IF we had a big physical working back to plow through defenses and move the chains regularly we would have better time of possession and keep the ball longer away from the opposition.

The real problem on the offense is.....Chris Johnson....he kills most of our drives with his carries for either no gain or negative yardage.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

JCB is looking for work

3. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I don't know what we can get now, but I want to look at RBs, OL, and DL in the draft and free agency. CJ will be up for over 9 mil next year. Let him walk.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Who can we get right now though? Anyone that's a FA is probably not very good and It's a short term fix unless we are talking about drafting one in the offseason which I'm totally on board with. If we do that though we still need to take like two o-linemen in the first 3 or 4 rounds. If not the we're in for another long year next year.

5. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Definitely gonna have to let CJ and his 9 million dollar contract walk.So we will most likely either draft a really good back or bring one in free agency.

I think Johnson is a huge reason the offense sputters and the drives die because he can't gain any yardage to sustain anything.It is painful to watch him garner negative yardage on almost every play he carries the ball.

If we had a Lynch,Turner,Gore type of back things might be a bit different.

6. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

A slender scat back getting 358 carries up the middle one season probably ruined his career, long term wise.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

We should address the line first, then hope we hit on a mid round back, free agent, or our current guys get it done.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 5
  9. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

I am little surprised the Titans did not draft one, but i think after this season they will

10. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Are you really surprised? We haven't drafted an o-lineman in 7 or 8 years. We clearly don't know how to manage a team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar