REPLACING KWRIGHT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Walldaprince, Sep 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Did I read or hear that Wright is inactive this week, coaches decision? Maybe a trade is in the works?

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He's not practicing is all Ive heard

Nothing about the game tho

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. HonoluluYogi

HonoluluYogi Starter

This is the week we should either get Wright back, or we'll trade him. Would love to see him back, with a stronger dedication to running his routes with consistent effort. He has the talent to be very good; not so sure on his dedication...

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I read an article on NFL.com and an nfl scout had McCaffery as a slot WR, also. Wouldn't be an awful idea, could be a combo DMC type role for us.

5. HonoluluYogi

HonoluluYogi Starter

Old Bucs fan here. John Lynch was always slow, but very very smart, and a big hitter. He and FS Dexter Jackson were an awesome duo, with Dexter being very fast, but not so smart.
    Lynch was the QB in the backfield, and before plays told Dexter where to go and who to cover. Dexter was like a 3rd CB. After Dexter left via Free Agency for a big contract Lynch wasn't nearly as effective, as John was getting older and was only getting slower and Dexter's replacement lacked in coverage skills. DC whiz Monte Kiffin refused to change his defense to accomodate Lynch, so Lynch was eventually let go. Denver signed him, and their coaches adapted their D and used Lynch as a hybrid LB who often blitzed, and very effectively.
    Dexter without Lynch was in for a huge downfall; was never the same after splitting from Lynch in Tampa Bay...

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I lived in St. Pete during the years where the Bucs won the super bowl.

Man that defense was something to watch. Probably the most fun to watch D I've ever seen play. Brooks, Rice, Lynch, Sapp... hell of a unit.

I was watching the title games in a sports bar that year. The bucs beat the Eagles to make it, and I was just dying for my Titans to punch their ticket too... but no. The f*cking raiders.

7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I think if we replace Wright we will do it by getting Mariota an actual #1 WR like Mike Williams out of Clemson and move Matthews into the slot.

8. Finnebosch

I can see the Woodhead comparison seeing as they're about the same size and have similar varied skill sets. McCaffery is a hell of a lot more explosive though.

I think McCaffrey will be a guy that will be moved around a lot in the NFL as a HB/WR/KR/PR and will make plays where ever he is on the football field. If we could get a second rounder back Id live to pick him up.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

same size? Woodhead is like 140 lbs and 5'3"

Mccaffrey isnt that small

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Finnebosch

Danny Woodhead is 5'8, 200lbs. Google is your friend brudda.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar