Report: Titans about to walk on Finny

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Anyone that puts Champ Bailey on their list and it's not 2007 is full of sh and immediately discredited. Sorry.

2. Deuce Wayne

But just to prove a point:

1. Darrell Revis - LMAO. And 1st? Didn't this year expose just how overrated he was from the jump? Darrel Revis is the same exact caliber cover corner Finnegan is. Revis island was nuked this past season without Rex's system doing him favors.

2. N Asomugha - So wait. Finnegan gets bashed for not playing up to his hype, but Asomugha... who clearly was the most under-performing player of the year stays in the top 5? Funny how that works.

3. Charles Woodson - Should be 1st, but that's ok. This list sucks and that would have helped it.

4. Champ Bailey - Champ Bailey hasn't been top 10 for 5 years now. Jesus... let the guy die off already.

5. Tramon Williams - Nope.

6. Asante Samuel - No better than Finnegan. Playmaker, but coverage? CF is better.

7. Jon Joseph - Nope.

8. Brandon Flowers - Great. A guy I hyped up like crazy finally getting love, but he's not better than Finnegan.

9. Joe Haden - Should be higher. Better than Revis, also.

10. Leon Hall - F no. And I love Hall, being a Michigan fan and again someone I hyped. He's not any better than Finnegan though. You were just getting desperate trying to keep Finnegan out of the top 10.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Why? Do you actually watch Broncos games? Besides the annoying Tebow highlights on ESPN? Probably not. Are you assuming Champ Bailey sucks because he's old... we'll he's 33. Same age that Woodson won DPOY. Quarterbacks still fear Champ Bailey, and throw the opposite direction. Champ is still a Top-5 CB. He's not an efficent tackler, but he doesn't need to tackle when the balls never thrown his way.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Champ Bailey may not be the guy he was in 2007, but he's still a top 5 CB.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

From now on Deuce has to post his opinion on things before anyone else, or his comments don't count.. I'm 100% certain he'll say whatever the rest of us aren't, just to say he said it.

6. Deuce Wayne

Guys... Champ Bailey hasn't been elite for AT LEAST 5 years. Sorry.

His ESPN love has carried his name for years now and it's getting really tired.

Ask me if I watch him? haha As if you do anything but hear the name "Champ Bailey" and think "Oh yeah! I hear his name a lot! He must be great!!"...

C'mon man. He's slow, lost his cover ability, and not half the player he used to be.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

just a reminder he hasn't played in the league since the Titans let him go so it was the right call. If he was as good as you make him out to be he would have been picked up by another team..guess what he wasn't

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

He hasn't played because he was blacklisted. And it's hard to say it was the right call considering how abused our interior line has been.

What we really miss is Mawae's football intelligence, the ability to point things out to the guards to enable a cohesive offensive line.

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I had a post written out, that basically said this.

He had atleast one more year left in him, maybe more. He probably just retired on his own terms. He was old, probably did not want to go through the trouble of a move again and all the other things that off season put everyone through.

10. Deuce Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar